5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The New York Democrat who won the "dirty presidential election of 1884 was...
- the dramatic cross of gold speech
- Many of the middle class were attracted to progressive reform because they
- National Elections between 1856 and 1912 were characterized by...
- in the election of 1896 McKinleys campaign manager, who raised an enormous campaign fund from business, was...
- a William Jennings bryan
- b close elections won mostly by republicans
- c felt their ambitions and sense of importance were undermined by the new giant corporations
- d Marcus Alonzo Hanna
- e Grover Cleveland
5 Multiple choice questions
- the acceleration of the tendency towards industrial concentration
- Theodore Roosevelt
- southern states enacted literacy tests in the 1890s
- Theodore roosevelt
5 True/False questions
Denunciation of the "American character " came from the editor of which of the following publications? → Mc. Clure's
Robert La Follette was particularly associated with → promotion of specialized technical knowledge and legislative reference services to promote progressive reform.
Theodore Roosevelt called the progressive-era journalists who investigated corrupt and fraud in america → woman suffrage
Southern black populists often joined the... → William Jennings bryan
In the late 1880s the the Farmers' alliance → was insignificant because with in two decades the country abandoned basing the volume of currency on bullion