5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the politician who advocated a new nationalism was
- During the late 19th century the house of representatives was....
- "if one race be inferior to the other socially, the constitution of the US cannot put them in the same place" The source of this quote was...
- when it came to non whites white progressives tended to be
- Major economic developments between 1897 and 1904 was
- a strongly prejudiced against them
- b Theodore roosevelt
- c the acceleration of the tendency towards industrial concentration
- d Plessy v. Ferguson
- e disorderly and inefficient
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- S.S. McClure
- Both Democrats and Republicans insisted it would destroy the political parties.
- W.E.B Du Bois
- Progressive mayors
- colored farmers' alliance
5 True/False Questions
The banner "progressive" state during the early years of the 20th century was → efforts to regulate and control big business
The progressives attempted their first political reforms in the → cities
Many Urban reformers resented the boss system because it... → Gave power to poor immigrants
one of the roots of progressivism was the late 19th century → were lackluster leaders who showed little interests in important contemporary questions.
In the late 1880s the the Farmers' alliance → tried but failed to establish cooperatives for their crops because they could not raise the necessary capital rom banks