5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Woodrow Wilson advocated a program called
- Russian immigrants and political activists Emma Goldman
- The earlier group from which the Populists movement emerged was the ....
- The presidents during the late 19th century ...
- Minnesota Populist who saw himself as an authority on Shakespeare, economics, and science was
- a Ignatius Donney
- b were lackluster leaders who showed little interests in important contemporary questions.
- c Farmers' alliance
- d was in many ways a typical American immigrant
- e fair deal
5 Multiple choice questions
- economic and sociological evidence
- gave the country a central banking system for the first time since Andrew jackson
- Jacob Coxey
- Victorian sexual inhibitions
5 True/False questions
The Pendleton Act of 1883 was a triumph for those Americans who sought ____reforms → Civil service
The coinage act of 1894 and 1895, at the beginning of Grover Cleveland's presidency, the ecomony → gave the country a central banking system for the first time since Andrew jackson
Headed by Florence Kelly and associated with lawyer Louis brandeis, the most effective women's organization of the progressive era was the... → felt their ambitions and sense of importance were undermined by the new giant corporations
as opposed to his successors from Hayes to McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt was → energetic, aggressive, outspoken
McKinley campaign manager Marcus Hanna → Blanketed the country with campaign literature