5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Pendleton Act of 1883 was a triumph for those Americans who sought ____reforms
- Southern black populists often joined the...
- The presidents during the late 19th century ...
- During the late 1800s the legislative body known as the "Rich man's club" was the ...
- One of the most suffragists' more successful justifications was the purity argument that
- a women's moral superiority would clean up politics If they were given the vote
- b Civil service
- c colored farmers' alliance
- d were lackluster leaders who showed little interests in important contemporary questions.
- e Senate
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Progressive mayors
- a victimized majority betrayed by the establishment
- the solution to social problems was to change the faulty institutions
- S.S. McClure
- fair deal
5 True/False Questions
How did politicians respond to the demand for civil service reform? → Both Democrats and Republicans insisted it would destroy the political parties.
The New York Democrat who won the "dirty presidential election of 1884 was... → Booker T. Washington
the betterment we seek must be accomplished...mainly through the national government" this 1910 calls for the expansion of federal power → Theodore Roosevelt
Headed by Florence Kelly and associated with lawyer Louis brandeis, the most effective women's organization of the progressive era was the... → Gave power to poor immigrants
as part of the new freedom the ___act prohibited both price discrimination which encouraged monopolies and interlocking directorates created to control competition → felt their ambitions and sense of importance were undermined by the new giant corporations