5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- French Revolution of 1789
- King Louis XVI (16th)
- Unification of Germany
- Opium Wars
- a was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
- b Absolute monarchy, caused many crisisis and Revolts in England. Took on a role of a depressed and in debt country
- c Chinese appeal to britians queen to stop the opium trade. The british government does not reply. China searches british ships, throwing opium cargo into the ocean. British declare war 1839. British win
- d is the system when people can have private ownership over anything. Such as a business or land. In capitalism they use capital. This system is based around making a good profit government has no say over business.
- e Bismarck used his policy of "blood and iron" to unite the German states under Prussian rule
5 Multiple choice questions
- .In 1830s, nationalist leader, Giuseppe Mazzini, founded Young Italy whose goal was to constitute Italy as one free independent, republican nation. In 1860, ally of Mazzini, Giuseppe Garibaldi recruited volunteers and won control of Sicily. Next, Garibaldi turned Naples and Sicily over to Victor Emmanuel. Successors of Count Camillo Cavour acquired Venetia and soon Rome was won back when France had to withdraw its troops during the Franco-Prussian War. Last, Italy becomes a united nation, which it hadn't been since the fall of the Roman Empire. Butt... Young Italy had many problems, too. North and South Italy had many disputes and there was hostility between church and state. When turmoil occurred, the government was forced to extend rights to more men and improve social conditions. However, by 1914, Italy was better off than it had been in 1861.
- as the second time when the whole of China was ruled by foreigners, the Manchu. Very Succesful but eventually collapsed
- when the government of Louis Phillippe refused to make changes his government was overthrown. The middle class was looking for the right to vote and the lower class where struggling during the tough economic times. A group or moderate and radical republicans set up a provisional government or temporary gov't. they wanted a government where in which leaders are elected.
- The traditional political and social order in Europe before the French Revolution
- 1. French Revolution
4. Rise and Fall of Napoleon
5 True/False questions
Nationalism → this was based off of being loyal to your country. In ____________ you were supposed to feel a sense of ride and national identity. This was significant because you were supposed to unify and come together. You all have a common enemy and the same religion.
Congress of Vienna → Loose series of European alliances where nations would help one another if a revolution broke out. It didn't stop revoltuions from occurring, but it did stop many nations from fighting each other.
English Reform Bills → More voting rights to the people in 1832
Conservatism → Primary purpose was to colonize but control new lands, and to dominate political, social, economic systems. The significance of this was that _______ took place all over the world.
Garibaldi → is the system when people can have private ownership over anything. Such as a business or land. In capitalism they use capital. This system is based around making a good profit government has no say over business.