5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Taiping Rebellion
- "Stages" of Revolution
- a Italian nationalist
recruits 1,000 Red Shirt volunteers who conquer Sicily and Napels
gives his won land to Cavour
- b is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
- c 1. French Revolution
4. Rise and Fall of Napoleon
- d a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)
- e Political theory, advocated by Bismarck, that national success justifies any means possible
5 Multiple choice questions
- a way of paying homage to Emperor by bringing gifts and performing kowtow (deep ceremonial bow)
- as the second time when the whole of China was ruled by foreigners, the Manchu. Very Succesful but eventually collapsed
- was a diplomatic agreement that carved up a weaker people's territory into areas dominated by an imperialist country, extremely humiliating to the weaker people.
- this was based off of being loyal to your country. In ____________ you were supposed to feel a sense of ride and national identity. This was significant because you were supposed to unify and come together. You all have a common enemy and the same religion.
- The traditional political and social order in Europe before the French Revolution
5 True/False questions
Caudillos → post revolutionary latin America, a strong leader who ruled chiefly by military force, usually with the support of the landed elite.
Technological Advancements → it changed the way people lived and worked. The increase in technology to move things (steam engine) and make things (weave cotton) made cottage industry inefficient. Inventors - invented advanced machines to make production of goods quicker and easier. Steam power transformed both farm production and the transportation system.
Latin American social structure → Toussaint l'Ouverture led this uprising, which in 1790 resulted in the successful overthrow of French colonial rule on this Caribbean island. This revolution set up the first black government in the Western Hemisphere and the world's second democratic republic (after the US). The US was reluctant to give full support to this republic led by former slaves.
Communism → is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
King Louis XIV (14th) → Also known as the sun king, king louis ____ was an absolute ruler. This meant that he had total power over france. Louis reign was consigered the best example of an absolute monarchy. Louis took the throne at age 23 only a day after King Mazarins death. The palace of Versailles was home to the kings of france from 1682 to 1790 and it was a sybol of King Louis absolute rule. The court of Louis was imitated throughout Europe.