5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unification of Germany
- Cottage vs Factory System
- Haitian Revolution
- a the _____ system differed from the __________ system because _______ was in the home and the whole family worked together off of manually powered machines unlike in the factory system families were separated, you work long hours, work off of electrically powered machines and are treated badly.
- b Italian nationalist
recruits 1,000 Red Shirt volunteers who conquer Sicily and Napels
gives his won land to Cavour
- c post revolutionary latin America, a strong leader who ruled chiefly by military force, usually with the support of the landed elite.
- d Bismarck used his policy of "blood and iron" to unite the German states under Prussian rule
- e Toussaint l'Ouverture led this uprising, which in 1790 resulted in the successful overthrow of French colonial rule on this Caribbean island. This revolution set up the first black government in the Western Hemisphere and the world's second democratic republic (after the US). The US was reluctant to give full support to this republic led by former slaves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
- as the second time when the whole of China was ruled by foreigners, the Manchu. Very Succesful but eventually collapsed
- 1. French Revolution
4. Rise and Fall of Napoleon
- Absolute monarchy, caused many crisisis and Revolts in England. Took on a role of a depressed and in debt country
5 True/False questions
Conservatism → the belief that people should be as free as possible from government restraint. Based off of equality. They were run by a democracy, but you can still have a king. The people of ____________ were aloud to vote. The significance of this was that they were aloud to have their freedoms, such as freedom of speech, press, to bare arms. Also there was the separation of church and state.
Taiping Rebellion → this was a movement to restore China to the Chinese. A group of shadow boxers that beieved that they could dodge bullets. They hated foreigners and Chinese converts to Christianity. They killed many people until they were stopped by the british.
King Louis XIV (14th) → Also known as the sun king, king louis ____ was an absolute ruler. This meant that he had total power over france. Louis reign was consigered the best example of an absolute monarchy. Louis took the throne at age 23 only a day after King Mazarins death. The palace of Versailles was home to the kings of france from 1682 to 1790 and it was a sybol of King Louis absolute rule. The court of Louis was imitated throughout Europe.
Socialism → is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
Ancien Regime → the belief that people should be as free as possible from government restraint. Based off of equality. They were run by a democracy, but you can still have a king. The people of ____________ were aloud to vote. The significance of this was that they were aloud to have their freedoms, such as freedom of speech, press, to bare arms. Also there was the separation of church and state.