5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Taiping Rebellion
- Berlin Conference of 1884
- Revolutions of 1848
- King Louis XVI (16th)
- a a diplomatic event held by Otto von Bismarck to discuss the division of Africa; signified Germany's interest in colonialization and imperialism
- b means being very conservative. The government ruled with a monarchy and the ruler didn't trust any ordinary people. In conservatism they used the estate system - first estate - 2nd estate- 3rd estate. This was important because conservatism rule was very stable - it was a stable rule
- c a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)
- d Absolute monarchy, caused many crisisis and Revolts in England. Took on a role of a depressed and in debt country
- e when the government of Louis Phillippe refused to make changes his government was overthrown. The middle class was looking for the right to vote and the lower class where struggling during the tough economic times. A group or moderate and radical republicans set up a provisional government or temporary gov't. they wanted a government where in which leaders are elected.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (reigned 1865-1909) King of Belgium who employed Henry Morton Stanley to help develop commercial ventures and establish a colony called the Congo Free State in the basin of the Congo River
- was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
- Loose series of European alliances where nations would help one another if a revolution broke out. It didn't stop revoltuions from occurring, but it did stop many nations from fighting each other.
- the _____ system differed from the __________ system because _______ was in the home and the whole family worked together off of manually powered machines unlike in the factory system families were separated, you work long hours, work off of electrically powered machines and are treated badly.
- The Quadruple Alliance met, to discuss the Balance of Power. Great Britian got to have their conquered colonies, Austria got Venetia and Lombardy and Polis lands, and Prussia and Russia were compensated.
5 True/False Questions
Opium Wars → was the result of a long term struggle between Russia and the Ottoman Empire. The ottoman empire had long controlled most of the Balkans in SE Europe. By 1800, the ottoman empire was in decline and it's authority over the balkin territories weakened. Russia hoped to gain control of this territory in order to become a major super. Russians invaded the Turkish balkins. Then the ottomans declared war on Russia. Then Great Britain and france declared war on Russia the following year.
Ancien Regime → The traditional political and social order in Europe before the French Revolution
Communism → is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
King Louis XIV (14th) → Absolute monarchy, caused many crisisis and Revolts in England. Took on a role of a depressed and in debt country
Haitian Revolution → An agrarian revolution and industrialization that began in Great Britain that caused a shift from an economy based on farming and handicrafts to an economy based on manufacturing machines in factories. The significnce of the industrial revolution was that it aloud products to be mass produced. The reasons the IR began in GB was that they had increased food supply so pop. Increased and they had a high labor supply, they had a ready supply of money for the factories, they had plentiful natural resources and that had a supply of markets which gave the manufacturers a ready outlet for their goods.