5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Latin American social structure
- Unification of Italy
- Concert of Europe
- Unification of Germany
- a Primary purpose was to colonize but control new lands, and to dominate political, social, economic systems. The significance of this was that _______ took place all over the world.
- b Bismarck used his policy of "blood and iron" to unite the German states under Prussian rule
- c peninsulares, creoles, mestizos, mulatoes, african, natives
- d Loose series of European alliances where nations would help one another if a revolution broke out. It didn't stop revoltuions from occurring, but it did stop many nations from fighting each other.
- e .In 1830s, nationalist leader, Giuseppe Mazzini, founded Young Italy whose goal was to constitute Italy as one free independent, republican nation. In 1860, ally of Mazzini, Giuseppe Garibaldi recruited volunteers and won control of Sicily. Next, Garibaldi turned Naples and Sicily over to Victor Emmanuel. Successors of Count Camillo Cavour acquired Venetia and soon Rome was won back when France had to withdraw its troops during the Franco-Prussian War. Last, Italy becomes a united nation, which it hadn't been since the fall of the Roman Empire. Butt... Young Italy had many problems, too. North and South Italy had many disputes and there was hostility between church and state. When turmoil occurred, the government was forced to extend rights to more men and improve social conditions. However, by 1914, Italy was better off than it had been in 1861.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- More voting rights to the people in 1832
- means being very conservative. The government ruled with a monarchy and the ruler didn't trust any ordinary people. In conservatism they used the estate system - first estate - 2nd estate- 3rd estate. This was important because conservatism rule was very stable - it was a stable rule
- was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
- Trading company that performed inperialism in Inda and China. They did this to increase their profits through trade. There main product traded was tea and opium. This caused the opium war.
- is the system when people can have private ownership over anything. Such as a business or land. In capitalism they use capital. This system is based around making a good profit government has no say over business.
5 True/False Questions
Garibaldi → is the system when people can have private ownership over anything. Such as a business or land. In capitalism they use capital. This system is based around making a good profit government has no say over business.
Liberalism → Primary purpose was to colonize but control new lands, and to dominate political, social, economic systems. The significance of this was that _______ took place all over the world.
Nationalism → this was based off of being loyal to your country. In ____________ you were supposed to feel a sense of ride and national identity. This was significant because you were supposed to unify and come together. You all have a common enemy and the same religion.
King Louis XVI (16th) → Also known as the sun king, king louis ____ was an absolute ruler. This meant that he had total power over france. Louis reign was consigered the best example of an absolute monarchy. Louis took the throne at age 23 only a day after King Mazarins death. The palace of Versailles was home to the kings of france from 1682 to 1790 and it was a sybol of King Louis absolute rule. The court of Louis was imitated throughout Europe.
Boxer Rebellion → a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)