5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Congress of Vienna
- Berlin Conference of 1884
- Qing Dynasty
- a as the second time when the whole of China was ruled by foreigners, the Manchu. Very Succesful but eventually collapsed
- b a political system in which a ruler holds total power
- c is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
- d The Quadruple Alliance met, to discuss the Balance of Power. Great Britian got to have their conquered colonies, Austria got Venetia and Lombardy and Polis lands, and Prussia and Russia were compensated.
- e a diplomatic event held by Otto von Bismarck to discuss the division of Africa; signified Germany's interest in colonialization and imperialism
5 Multiple choice questions
- post revolutionary latin America, a strong leader who ruled chiefly by military force, usually with the support of the landed elite.
- a way of paying homage to Emperor by bringing gifts and performing kowtow (deep ceremonial bow)
- Political theory, advocated by Bismarck, that national success justifies any means possible
- Loose series of European alliances where nations would help one another if a revolution broke out. It didn't stop revoltuions from occurring, but it did stop many nations from fighting each other.
- means being very conservative. The government ruled with a monarchy and the ruler didn't trust any ordinary people. In conservatism they used the estate system - first estate - 2nd estate- 3rd estate. This was important because conservatism rule was very stable - it was a stable rule
5 True/False questions
Russian Autocracy in the 19th century → ...
Boxer Rebellion → a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)
Revolutions of 1848 → was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
Technological Advancements → it changed the way people lived and worked. The increase in technology to move things (steam engine) and make things (weave cotton) made cottage industry inefficient. Inventors - invented advanced machines to make production of goods quicker and easier. Steam power transformed both farm production and the transportation system.
Spheres of Influence → was a diplomatic agreement that carved up a weaker people's territory into areas dominated by an imperialist country, extremely humiliating to the weaker people.