5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- William Penn
- Middle colonies
- Town meetings
- Triangular trade
- Cash crop
- a colonial trade route between New England, the West Indies and Africa. 1. NE to WI (fish for sugar/molasses) 2. NE to Africa. (guns/cloth for slaves) 3. Africa to WI (slaves for molasses.)
- b New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware,
- c Early form of democracy that let people meet and discuss issues.
- d Founded Pennsylvania which was known for religious tolerance; was a Quaker.
- e crop sold for money at market.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Said king could not raise taxes without consulting the church.
- Established Rhode Island; believed in religious tolerance.
- Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
- Given New Netherland by brother King Charles II and renamed it New York
- Swampy, harsh conditions, malaria, starvations
5 True/False Questions
Columbian Exchange → Exchange of goods and ideas between the eastern and western hemisphere. Named after Columbus.
Anne Hutchinson → Questioned religious teachings in Mass Bay colony and fled to Rhode Island.
House of Burgesses → First representative body in the new world
John Winthrop → Early form of democracy that let people meet and discuss issues.
Reason for slavery → Large farms which needed many people to grow rice and tobacco.