5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- You will lose your CDL for at least 90 days
(Violation of Out-of-Service Orders) (1)
- You will lose your CDL for life:
- You will lose your CDL for at least 120 days
- Serious traffic violations are (1)________
- What if one of the offenses (driving a vehicle under the influence in violation; hit and run; failing to report;homicie by vehicle, etc.) occurs while you are operating a CMV that is placarded for hazardous materials?
- a you will be disqualified from driving a CMV for at least three years.
- b excessive speeding (15 mph or more above the posted limit), reckless driving, improper or erratic lane change including failure to signal a lane change, following another vehicle too closely, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with fatal traffic accidents, any railroad grade crossing violation, driving a CMV without obtaining a CDL license, driving a CMV without a CDL in immediate possession, driving CMV without a CDL of the proper class and/or endorsements.
- c if you have committed your first violation of an out-of-service order
- d for a second or subsequent major traffic violation
- e for your second violation within any three-year period of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- driving a vehicle under the influence in violation of Code Section 40-6-391, hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident; failing to report striking an unattended vehicle, failure to report striking fixed object, or failure to report an accident, any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used, driving a commericial motor vehicle while the person's commericial driver's license or commericial driving priveledge is revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified; homicide by vehicle; racing on highways or streets; using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer; fraudulent or fictitious use of or application for a license; operating a motor vehicle with a revoked, canceled, or suspended registration; theft of a vehicle engaged in commericial transportation of cargo or any appurtenance thereto or the cargo being transported therein or thereon; refusing to submit to a state administered chemical test requested by a law enforcement officer.
- 30 days
- an offense occurs while you are operating a CMV that is placarded for hazardous materials.
- Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act.
- use a motor vehicle in the commission of any felony involving the manufacture, distribution, cultivation, sale, transfer of, trafficking in, or dispensing of a controlled substance or marijuana, or possession with intent to manufacture, distribute, cultivate, sell, transfer, traffic in, or dispense a controlled substance or marijuana.
5 True/False questions
What happens if your license to operate your personal vehicle is revoked, cancelled, or suspended?? → you will lose your CDL for 1 year.
What if you are convicted of a second or subsequent major traffic violation? → you will be disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle for life
It is illegal to operate a CMV if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is → .04% or more
Review p. 1-6 → review p. 1-6
You will lose your CDL for at least 60 days → for your second violation within any three-year period of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation.