5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- You will lose your CDL for at least 120 days
- You will be denied or you will lose your hazardous materials endorsement if you (1)
- You will lose your CDL for at least 3 years
(Violation of Out-of-Service Orders) (3)
- You will lose your CDL for at least 90 days
(Violation of Out-of-Service Orders) (1)
- What if you are convicted of a second or subsequent major traffic violation?
- a you will be disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle for life
- b if you have committed your first violation of an out-of-service order
- c for your second violation within any three-year period of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation.
- d are not a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., renounce your U.S. citizenship, are wanted or under indictment for certain felonies, have a conviction in military or civilian court for certain felonies, have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution, are considered to pose a security threat as determined by the Transportation Security Administration.
- e if you have committed three or more violations of an out-of-service orders in a ten year period.
5 Multiple choice questions
- review p. 1-6
- driving a vehicle under the influence in violation of Code Section 40-6-391, hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident; failing to report striking an unattended vehicle, failure to report striking fixed object, or failure to report an accident, any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used, driving a commericial motor vehicle while the person's commericial driver's license or commericial driving priveledge is revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified; homicide by vehicle; racing on highways or streets; using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer; fraudulent or fictitious use of or application for a license; operating a motor vehicle with a revoked, canceled, or suspended registration; theft of a vehicle engaged in commericial transportation of cargo or any appurtenance thereto or the cargo being transported therein or thereon; refusing to submit to a state administered chemical test requested by a law enforcement officer.
- you will lose your CDL for 1 year.
- If you break this rule, a court may fine you up to $5,000 or put you in jail and keep your home state license and return any others
- You will be put out-of-service for 24 hours.
5 True/False questions
You will lose your CDL for at least 1 year
(Violation of Out-of-Service Orders) (2) → if you have committed two violations of an out-of-service order in a ten-year period.
The_________________________of 1999 requires a CDL holder to be disqualified from operating a commericial motor vehicle if the CDL holder has been convicted of certain types of moving violations in their personal vehicle. → use a motor vehicle in the commission of any felony involving the manufacture, distribution, cultivation, sale, transfer of, trafficking in, or dispensing of a controlled substance or marijuana, or possession with intent to manufacture, distribute, cultivate, sell, transfer, traffic in, or dispense a controlled substance or marijuana.
It is illegal to operate a CMV if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is → .04% or more
Serious traffic violations are (1)________ → excessive speeding (15 mph or more above the posted limit), reckless driving, improper or erratic lane change including failure to signal a lane change, following another vehicle too closely, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with fatal traffic accidents, any railroad grade crossing violation, driving a CMV without obtaining a CDL license, driving a CMV without a CDL in immediate possession, driving CMV without a CDL of the proper class and/or endorsements.
You will lose your CDL for at least 3 years if: → for your third violation of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation within any three-year period.