5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Functionalist Persective on media functions and dysfunctions
- Formal Organizations
- Socializing function
- Interationist Perspective
- a process of discarding former behavior patterns and accepting new ones as part of a transition in one's life
- b Media shapes day-to-day social behavior. Consumes time. Babysits kids. New forms of Communication
- c Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
- d Millitary, schools, government, boy scouts ect. are examples of what?
- e Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A subculture that deliberately opposes certain aspects of the larger culture
- A status that dominates others and thereby determines a persons general position in society
- The feeling of suprise and disoreintation that people experience when they encounter cultural practices that are different from their own.
- A common practice or belief found in every culture
- The veiwing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
5 True/False Questions
The conflict perspective on mass media → Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.
Diffusion → Process by which a cultural item spreads from group to group or society to society
Primary Group → a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
Questionnaire survey method → A face to face or telephone questioning of a respondent to obtain desired information
Impression Management → Many of our daily activities, we try to convey distinct impressions of who we are