5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Functionalist Persective on media functions and dysfunctions
- Funcionalist Perspective
- a process of discarding former behavior patterns and accepting new ones as part of a transition in one's life
- b Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.
- c A norm governing everyday behavior whose violation raises comparatively little concern
- d Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
- e The scientific study of people and behavior in groups
5 Multiple choice questions
- Filtering what information the audience recieve and how we get it, also filters the information that the audience does not recieve.
- a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.
- He advanced the belief that we learn who we are by interacting with others
- affects the overall cultural practices of a society; it also shapes the image that we hold or oursleves
5 True/False questions
Cultural relativism → The veiwing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
Reference group → A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
Socializing function → affects the overall cultural practices of a society; it also shapes the image that we hold or oursleves
Diffusion → Process by which a cultural item spreads from group to group or society to society
Ascibed status → A person's social position assigned to a person by society without regard for the person's unique talents or characteristics