← Sociology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Auguste Comte
- Interactionist Perspective
- Charles Horton Cooley
- Reference group
- a A subculture that deliberately opposes certain aspects of the larger culture
- b A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
- c generalize about everyday forms of social interaction in order to explain society as a whole.
- d Coined the term "sociology" Once the word was coined people had the responsiblity to make the word better; He lived in the 19th century
- e He advanced the belief that we learn who we are by interacting with others
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An awareness of the relationship between an individual and the wider society, both today and in the past
- Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
- Process by which a cultural item spreads from group to group or society to society
- process of discarding former behavior patterns and accepting new ones as part of a transition in one's life
- A norm governing everyday behavior whose violation raises comparatively little concern
5 True/False Questions
Funcionalist Perspective → Emphasizes the way that the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability
Socializing function → affects the overall cultural practices of a society; it also shapes the image that we hold or oursleves
Culture → A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.
Gatekeeping function → Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
Functionalist perspective → Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.