5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Organic solidarity
- The iron law of oligarchy
- Functionalist Persective on media functions and dysfunctions
- a A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.
- b many are ruled by the few
- c Durkheim's term for the interdependence that results from people needing others to fulfill their jobs; solidarity based on the interdependence brought about by the division of labour
- d Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
- e a proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations
5 Multiple choice questions
- Emphasizes the way that the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability
- founder of modern communism; He was responsible for the prespective Conflict
- 1) Define the problem-Independant/Dependant Variables 2)Review literature 3)Hypothesis 4) Collect and analze data- survey and questionaire/face to face interview 5) Conclusion
- Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.
- Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
5 True/False questions
Secondary Group → a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
Charles Horton Cooley → He advanced the belief that we learn who we are by interacting with others
Reference group → A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
The conflict perspective on mass media → Stereotyping occurs in the media, we are only getting certain information that "gatekeepers" allow us as an audience to have, people are ingnored within the media..EX: girls sports, asian people, etc. also Narcotizing
Interationist Perspective → Media shapes day-to-day social behavior. Consumes time. Babysits kids. New forms of Communication