5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Secondary Group
- Functionalist Persective on media functions and dysfunctions
- Agents of Socialization
- Reference group
- a Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
- b The scientific study of people and behavior in groups
- c a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- d A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
- e Nature vs Nurture; Charles Horton Cooley-Looking-Glass Self.....socialization provides for the transmission of a culture from on generation to the next***which is very important to children
5 Multiple choice questions
- Emphasizes the way that the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability
- Coined the term "sociology" Once the word was coined people had the responsiblity to make the word better; He lived in the 19th century
- A face to face or telephone questioning of a respondent to obtain desired information
- A norm governing everyday behavior whose violation raises comparatively little concern
- the quality of being logically valid
5 True/False questions
Funcionalist Perspective → Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.
Cultural relativism → A common practice or belief found in every culture
Peter Principle → The tendency to assume that one's own culture and way of life represent the norm or are superior to all others.
Ascibed status → A person's social position assigned to a person by society without regard for the person's unique talents or characteristics
Karl Marx → The totality oflearned, socially transmitted cutoms, knowledge, material objects, and behavior