5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- specification-based test design technique
- equivalence class
- development testing
- software product characteristic
- a See quality attribute. A feature or characteristic that affects an item's quality. [IEEE 610]
- b Formal or informal testing conducted during the implementation of a component or system, usually in the development environment by developers. [After IEEE 610]
- c See equivalence partition.A portion of an input or output domain for which the behavior of a component or system is assumed to be the same, based on the specification.
- d The process of assigning a number or category to an entity to describe an attribute of that entity. [ISO 14598]
- e See black box test design technique. Procedure to derive and/or select test cases based on an analysis of the specification, either functional or non-functional, of a component or system without reference to its internal structure.
5 Multiple choice questions
- See expected result. The behavior predicted by the specification, or another source, of the component or system under specified conditions.
- A test result in which a defect is reported although no such defect actually exists in the test object.
- A test design technique in which a model of the statistical distribution of the input is used to construct representative test cases. See also operational profile testing. Statistical testing using a model of system operations (short duration tasks) and their probability of typical use. [Musa]
- A source of a defect such that if it is removed, the occurance of the defect type is decreased or removed. [CMMI]
- Data that exists (for example, in a database) before a test is executed, and that affects or is affected by the component or system under test.
5 True/False questions
cost of quality → The total costs incurred on quality activities and issues and often split into prevention costs, appraisal costs, internal failure costs and external failure costs.
error tolerance → A test design technique where the experience of the tester is used to anticipate what defects might be present in the component or system under test as a result of errors made, and to design tests specifically to expose them.
experienced-based test design technique → Procedure to derive and/or select test cases based on the tester's experience, knowledge and intuition.
reliability → The capability of the software product to enable the user to operate and control it. [ISO 9126] See also usability. The capability of the software to be understood, learned, used and attractive to the user when used under specified conditions. [ISO 9126]
safety testing → Testing to determine the safety of a software product.