← Speech exam 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- canons of rhetoric
- 1. Aristotle
- a comparison using like or as
- b underplay what your talking about purposefully
- c 1. invention
- d speech of praise of blame, ceremonial speech.
- e Platos student
first person to write down all of public speaking.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- emotional appeal
- memorize yo speech
- immigrants shipped in for teaching
use whatever they can to get the point across.
not all truth
- use patches of other peoples work without citing them
- contains only those points implied by the purpose and thesis statements. they all fall together as one
5 True/False Questions
11. listening → conscious act of receiving, comprehending, interpreting, evaluating, and responding to messages.
thesis as argument → describes whats going to happen
personification → giving human qualities to a non human
13. *organization → the way you set it up by intro, body, and conclusion
verbal fillers → draws together important ideas before the speaker proceeds to another speech point.