5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1967 Arab-Israeli Six Day War
- Golden Age of Moslem Culture
- Arab-Israeli Conflict
- The Crusades
- a An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
- b This conflict often led to tensions that contributed to terrorism in the region.
- c Developed the foundations of modern science and math
- d Israel acquired the lands of the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip.
- e This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Leaders of the modern state of Israel.
- This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- This holy book greatly influenced the Jewish religion and culture.
- Used western practices to modernize the nation of Turkey.
- The English support of a Jewish homeland in the region of Palestine during World War I.
5 True/False Questions
Iranian Revolution → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Camp David Peace Accords → This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
Theocracy → A political system in which fundamental Islamic laws govern the people and the lands. Iran is currently a theocracy.
Ayatollah Khomeini → This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
Diaspora → The First Century A.D. dispersion of the Jewish people from the lands of Palestine by the Roman Empire.