5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gamal Nasser
- A Muezzin
- The Crusades
- Golden Age of Moslem Culture
- a This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- b An individual who calls Muslims to pray five times a day.
- c This holy book greatly influenced the Jewish religion and culture.
- d This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
- e Developed the foundations of modern science and math
5 Multiple choice questions
- Used western practices to modernize the nation of Turkey.
- A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.
- A belief that the laws of Islam should guide the people of the Middle East. This provides the greatest threat to stability in parts of the Middle East.
- Minority population in modern day Iraq who have sought self-rule.
- An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
5 True/False questions
Arab-Israeli Conflict → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Anwar Sadat → Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Balfour Declaration → Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
1967 Arab-Israeli Six Day War → Israel acquired the lands of the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip.