5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scarcity of Water
- Gamal Nasser
- Iranian Revolution
- Golden Age of Moslem Culture
- a A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.
- b This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
- c This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- d An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
- e Developed the foundations of modern science and math
5 Multiple choice questions
- This conflict often led to tensions that contributed to terrorism in the region.
- A political system in which fundamental Islamic laws govern the people and the lands. Iran is currently a theocracy.
- The First Century A.D. dispersion of the Jewish people from the lands of Palestine by the Roman Empire.
- Israel acquired the lands of the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip.
- Used western practices to modernize the nation of Turkey.
5 True/False questions
Strait of Hormuz → A strategic waterway connecting the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman. Very vital for the world's supply of petroleum.
Anwar Sadat → Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
Balfour Declaration → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Islamic Fundamentalism → A belief that the laws of Islam should guide the people of the Middle East. This provides the greatest threat to stability in parts of the Middle East.
Neolithic Revolution → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.