5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what has both neural and hormonal functions?
- locally acting chemicals that affect cells other than those that secrete them
- what are the two steroidal hormones?
- what produces Growth hormone?
- what are the effects of hypo secretion
- a paracrines
- b gonadal and adrenocortical
- c pituitary dwarfism
- d the hypothalamus
- e somatotrophs
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hormonal regulation response is a lot slower but the effects tend to last longer than neural regulation
- humoral, neural, hormonal
- Thyrotropin-releasing hormone
5 True/False questions
are autocrines and paracrines considered to be part of the endocrine system? → exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
what are the effects of prolactin? → pituitary dwarfism
Name the 6 Anterior pituitary hormones → GH, TSH, ACTH, FSH, LH, PRL
How are hormones transported? → FSH, LH,
what are steroids synthesized from? → cholesterol