5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what are steroids synthesized from?
- where is prolactin secreted
- what produces Growth hormone?
- what are the two steroidal hormones?
- How are hormones transported?
- a somatotrophs
- b through the blood
- c cholesterol
- d the lactotrophs
- e gonadal and adrenocortical
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- all are proteins
- amino acid based hormones and steroids
- pituitary dwarfism
5 True/False Questions
long-distance chemical signals that travel in the blood or lymph → 1. Alter plasma membrane permeability, of membrane potential by opening or closing ion channels
2. Stimulate synthesis of proteins or regulatory molecules
3. Activate or deactivate enzyme systems
4. Induce secretory activity
5. Stimulate mitosis
are autocrines and paracrines considered to be part of the endocrine system? → exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
what are the 4 amino acid-based hormones → amines, thyroxine, peptides, and proteins
what stimulates TSH → Thyrotropin-releasing hormone
what produces thyroid stimulating hormone? → somatotrophs