5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Design Process
- Multiview Drawing
- a A type of fluid power that uses pressurized liquid, for example, oil or water.
- b A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
- c A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- d The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.
- e Views of an object projected onto two or more orthographic planes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
- A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
- Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
- A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- General agreement.
5 True/False questions
Constraint → General agreement.
Component → 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
Designer → A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
Target Consumer → The promotion and selling of products or services.
Pneumatics → A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.