5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Problem Statement
- Decision Matrix
- Assembly Drawing
- a A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
- b A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
- c A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- d 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
- e A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
- A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
- 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
- A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
- A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
5 True/False Questions
Hydraulics → A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
Solid Modeling → A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
Marketing → A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
Design Process → A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
Pneumatics → A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.