5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Assembly Drawing
- Target Consumer
- Design Process
- a A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
- b A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- c A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
- d A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
- e 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
- A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
- The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.
- A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
- General agreement.
5 True/False Questions
Problem Statement → A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
Constraint → 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
Solid Modeling → A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
Hydraulics → A type of fluid power that uses pressurized liquid, for example, oil or water.
Fluid Power → The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.