5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Decision Matrix
- Target Consumer
- Solid Modeling
- a A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
- b A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
- c A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
- d A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- e 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Views of an object projected onto two or more orthographic planes.
- A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
- The promotion and selling of products or services.
- General agreement.
- Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
5 True/False questions
Design Brief → A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
Design Statement → A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
Constraint → 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
Assembly → 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
Team → The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.