5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Decision Matrix
- Design Statement
- Target Consumer
- a A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
- b General agreement.
- c A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
- d A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- e A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
- A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
- A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- A type of fluid power that uses pressurized liquid, for example, oil or water.
- A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
5 True/False questions
Pneumatics → A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
Multiview Drawing → A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
Designer → A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
Constraint → A part or element of a larger whole.
Purpose → The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.