5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Design Brief
- Target Consumer
- a A part or element of a larger whole.
- b The promotion and selling of products or services.
- c A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
- d A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
- e A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
- 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
- A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
- A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
5 True/False Questions
Consensus → A part or element of a larger whole.
Solid Modeling → A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
Design Statement → A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
Multiview Drawing → Views of an object projected onto two or more orthographic planes.
Accuracy → 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.