5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Supply chain
- Essential information
- Variety-based strategic position
- Goal congruence
- a All the stages in the production process from obtaining raw materials to selling to the consumer - from point of origin to point of consumption
- b is achieved when a subsystem achieves its goal while contributing to the organization's overall goal.
- c the condition that exists when the organization's parts interact to produce a joint effect that is greater than the sum of the parts acting alone
- d involves producing or providing a subset of the industry's products or services.
- e required to conduct business with external parties such as purchase orders and customer billings
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs when a decision or action of a subsystem is inconsistent with the goals of another subsystem or the system as a whole.
- data converted into a meaningful and useful context
- the state of having more information than one can process
- Supports primary activities
- uses data warehouses and complex algorithms to forecast future events, based on historical trends and calculated probabilities.
5 True/False questions
Structured decisions → repetitive, routine, and understood well enough that they can be delegated to lower level employees in the organization
System → are facts that are collected, recorded, stored, and processed by an information system
Discretionary information → required to conduct business with external parties such as purchase orders and customer billings
Low-cost strategy → striving to be the most efficient producer of a product or service
Operational control → related to the effective and efficient performance of specific tasks