5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unstructured decisions
- Value chain
- Operational control
- Value of information
- a is the benefit produced by the information minus the cost of producing it
- b related to the effective and efficient performance of specific tasks
- c the condition that exists when the organization's parts interact to produce a joint effect that is greater than the sum of the parts acting alone
- d are nonrecurring and non routine decisions.
- e The series of departments that carry out value-creating activities to design, produce, market, deliver, and support a firm's products.
5 Multiple choice questions
- usually required by a government entity such as a report to the IRS on taxable income and withholding
- occurs when a decision or action of a subsystem is inconsistent with the goals of another subsystem or the system as a whole.
- involves trying to serve most of all of the needs of a particular group of customers in a target market.
- are characterized by incomplete decision making rules and the need for subjective assessments and judgments to supplement formal data analysis
- Supports primary activities
5 True/False questions
Goal congruence → is achieved when a subsystem achieves its goal while contributing to the organization's overall goal.
Structured decisions → are nonrecurring and non routine decisions.
Access-based strategic position → involves trying to serve most of all of the needs of a particular group of customers in a target market.
Variety-based strategic position → involves producing or providing a subset of the industry's products or services.
Discretionary information → required to conduct business with external parties such as purchase orders and customer billings