5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A military formation in which foot soldiers stood so that their shields overlapped
- b A blind poet who lived during the 700's BC, composed the two most famous Greek epics-Iliad and the Odyssey
- c A gathering of men in Ancient Athens that featured eating, drinking, entertainment, and intellectual discussion
- d form of government in which a small group holds political power
- e City-state of Ancient Greece
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Introduced a series of laws that established democracy in Athens. Through his reform, he sought to break the power of the aristocracy, and reorganized the structure of Athenian government. Under his constitution, the assembly won increased powers and emerged as the major political body.
- Story or play in which the central character struggles against destiny, but meets an unhappy end
- a form of government in which the citizens hold power
- Wrote many famous Greek tragedies including Oedipus Rex.
- A person who seized power and established one-man rule
5 True/False Questions
Bard → A teacher and author. He opened a school called The Academy. He wrote The Republic, the earliest book on political science.
Plato → A military formation in which foot soldiers stood so that their shields overlapped
Citizen → A blind poet who lived during the 700's BC, composed the two most famous Greek epics-Iliad and the Odyssey
Euripides → Wrote many famous Greek tragedies. Plays such as The Trojan Women, show the misery that war brings
Comedy → a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending