5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A military formation in which foot soldiers stood so that their shields overlapped
- b Describing the artistic style of ancient Greece and Rome, characterized by balance, elegance, and simplicity
- c A poet who tells stories by singing
- d A gathering of men in Ancient Athens that featured eating, drinking, entertainment, and intellectual discussion
- e Wrote many famous Greek tragedies including Oedipus Rex.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A philosopher who believed in absolute truth. He developed a teaching technique known as The Socratic Method. He was found guilty of "corrupting the young" and was sentenced to die by drinking hemlock juice.
- Member of the nobility or the upper-class
- A soldier who serves a foreign country for pay
- Building used for worship; also a place of refuge
- Introduced a series of laws that established democracy in Athens. Through his reform, he sought to break the power of the aristocracy, and reorganized the structure of Athenian government. Under his constitution, the assembly won increased powers and emerged as the major political body.
5 True/False Questions
Polis → City-state of Ancient Greece
Comedy → A blind poet who lived during the 700's BC, composed the two most famous Greek epics-Iliad and the Odyssey
Tragedy → a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending
Oligarchy → A poet who tells stories by singing
Democracy → A philosopher who believed in absolute truth. He developed a teaching technique known as The Socratic Method. He was found guilty of "corrupting the young" and was sentenced to die by drinking hemlock juice.