5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A philosopher who believed in absolute truth. He developed a teaching technique known as The Socratic Method. He was found guilty of "corrupting the young" and was sentenced to die by drinking hemlock juice.
- b form of government in which a small group holds political power
- c a form of government in which the citizens hold power
- d A teacher and author. He opened a school called The Academy. He wrote The Republic, the earliest book on political science.
- e A military formation in which foot soldiers stood so that their shields overlapped
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A soldier who serves a foreign country for pay
- Member of the nobility or the upper-class
- Wrote many famous Greek tragedies including Oedipus Rex.
- A person who seized power and established one-man rule
- a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending
5 True/False Questions
Themistocles → Athenian general/leader who lead the Athenian Navy to victory over the Persians at the battle at Salamis.
Homer → a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending
Euripides → Lead Athens through its Golden Age. Was responsible for rebuilding the city including its most famous structure, the Parthenon.
Classical → Describing the artistic style of ancient Greece and Rome, characterized by balance, elegance, and simplicity
Citizen → In Ancient Greece, a person who took part in the government of a city-state