5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nucleic Acids
- Hydrogen Bond
- Dehydration synthesis
- a Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- b functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- c A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
- d Determine what type of or
- e A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
- a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
- Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B
- the main building material of all cells.
- Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
5 True/False questions
radioactivity → a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
synthesis reaction → Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
Acids → A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
Atomic Mass → The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
solvent → the dissolved substance in a solution.