5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen Bond
- a A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- b a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
- c Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- d Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- e When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two or more atoms combine chemically.
- a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
- The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
- Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
5 True/False questions
Electron Shells → Orbits or fixed regions of space around the nucleus that electrons occupy.
Atomic Mass → The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
proteins → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Electrolytes → Negatively charged atomic particles.
synthesis reaction → Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB