5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adenosine triphospate (ATP)
- Hydrogen Bond
- Covalent Bond
- a Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- b Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- c the dissolved substance in a solution.
- d the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
- e Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Carbon containing compounds.
- Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
5 True/False questions
Buffer → Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
radioactivity → Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
Compound → the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
proteins → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Decomposition Reaction → Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B