5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen Bond
- a Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
- b Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- c A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
- d Negatively charged atomic particles.
- e When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
- Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
- the dissolved substance in a solution.
- The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
- Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
5 True/False questions
solution → a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
Electrolytes → Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
Dehydration synthesis → A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
Nucleic Acids → small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
synthesis reaction → Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.