5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen Bond
- Amino Acids
- Atomic Number
- a Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- b number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.
- c small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- d Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- e The building blocks of elements.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Uncharged, or neutral atomic particles.
- the dissolved substance in a solution.
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- the main building material of all cells.
5 True/False questions
Isotopes → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
solvent → the dissolved substance in a solution.
Molecules → When two or more atoms combine chemically.
Elements → Negatively charged atomic particles.
valence shell → An atoms outermost electron shell.