5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- Inorganic compounds
- synthesis reaction
- Dehydration synthesis
- a the dissolved substance in a solution.
- b A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
- c Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
- d Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
- e the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Orbits or fixed regions of space around the nucleus that electrons occupy.
- Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
5 True/False questions
reactant → A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
Isotopes → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Covalent Bond → Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
Enzyme(catalyst) → a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
Ions → Charged particles