5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Decomposition Reaction
- Covalent Bond
- a When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
- b Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- c Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
- d A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- e Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
5 True/False Questions
Organic compounds → Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
Adenosine triphospate (ATP) → Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
Hydrogen Bond → Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
Nucleic Acids → Determine what type of or
proteins → Atomic particles with a positive charge.