5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nucleic Acids
- synthesis reaction
- a Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
- b Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- c the main building material of all cells.
- d A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
- e Determine what type of or
5 Multiple choice questions
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- Uncharged, or neutral atomic particles.
- Negatively charged atomic particles.
- Process of spontaneous atomic decay.
5 True/False questions
pH → Measures the relative concentration of hydrogen and hydroxyl ions in various solutions.
Carbohydrates → Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
Compound → When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
Chemical reaction → Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
Atom → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)