5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Exchange reactions
- Nucleic Acids
- Chemical reaction
- a Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- b Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
- c Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
- d Determine what type of or
- e Anything that has mass and takes up space.
5 Multiple choice questions
- number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.
- When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
- When two or more atoms combine chemically.
- a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
- Carbon containing compounds.
5 True/False questions
Covalent Bond → Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
valence shell → An atoms outermost electron shell.
Elements → Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
Energy → The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
Decomposition Reaction → The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.