5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- Ionic bonds
- Electron Shells
- Hydrogen Bond
- a the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
- b Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
- c Orbits or fixed regions of space around the nucleus that electrons occupy.
- d Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- e Measures the relative concentration of hydrogen and hydroxyl ions in various solutions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
- A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
5 True/False questions
Decomposition Reaction → Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B
solvent → the dissolved substance in a solution.
Ions → Charged particles
Energy → The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
Hydrolysis → Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.