5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Famine
- Byzantine Empire
- Dante Alighieri
- a It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west.
- b Time when crops failed, starting with bad weather in spring 1315, -Europe did not fully recover until 1322
- c pardon sold by catholic church to reduce one's punishment
- d Also known as the "rebirth", the activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, and learning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the 17th century.
- e ) **An Italian poet of the Middle Ages *Wrote the Divine Comedy **
5 Multiple choice questions
- Dutch Renaissance humanist and Christian theologian who wrote in a "pure" Latin style.
- groups of people who inflicted physical harm on themselves as penance for society's sins, believing that the plague was God's punishment
- Two aristocratic houses of England who fought for the English throne in the War of the Roses.
- A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
- The poem describes Dante's travels through Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven; but at a deeper level it represents allegorically the soul's journey towards God
5 True/False questions
Inquisition → The 1500's or 16 th Century , Rome leader of Renaissance art and thought
Christian Humanism → is the belief that human freedom and individualism are compatible with the practice of Christianity or intrinsic in its doctrine.
pneumonic plague → Collected thousands of manuscripts and planned the Vatican library.
Black Death → Popular revolt in late medieval Europe by peasants that took place in northern France
Edward III → popes excluding an entire town, region, or kingdom from participating in sacraments and from receiving Christian burial