5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dante Alighieri
- pneumonic plague
- John Wyclif
- a pardon sold by catholic church to reduce one's punishment
- b a form of Black Death where the plague was transferred directly from one person to another
- c English theologian whose objections to Roman Catholic doctrine anticipated the Protestant Reformation (1328-1384)
- d ) **An Italian poet of the Middle Ages *Wrote the Divine Comedy **
- e popes excluding an entire town, region, or kingdom from participating in sacraments and from receiving Christian burial
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The public announcement in a Christian parish church that a marriage is going to take place between two specified persons
- a plague that struck Europe in the fourteenth century that killed nearly half of Europe's population. It started in Central Asia and eventually spread to Europe in the stomachs of fleas
- Italian painter, engineer, scientist. The most versatile genius of the renaissance. Mona Lisa
- The treatment of light and shade in a work of art, especially to give an illusion of depth.
- It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west.
5 True/False Questions
excommunication → The taking away of a person's right of membership in a Christian church
Babylonian Captivity → The period during which seven Popes resided in Avignon,France rather than Rome
Edward III → 1338 declared himself rightful heir to French throne, started Hundred Years War
Merchet → The imperial diet or parliament of the Holy Roman Empire.
Avignon → A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.