5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bubonic plague
- Edward III
- Byzantine Empire
- Ferdinand of Aragon
- Lorenzo De Medici, "The Magnificent"
- a a form of Black Death where the flea was the transmitter of the disease
- b 1338 declared himself rightful heir to French throne, started Hundred Years War
- c It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west.
- d He married Isabella of Castile to form a union for Spain (though they were never politically united). He and Isabella worked together to form a strong infantry army in Spain.
- e Was a ruler of the Florentine Republic during the Italian Renaissance,. Known as Lorenzo the Magnificient, he was a dipolmat, politian, artist and poet.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
- The poem describes Dante's travels through Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven; but at a deeper level it represents allegorically the soul's journey towards God
- an opinion different from accepted belief
- The Muslim kingdom that Spain later conquested.
- "Brotherhoods"; popular groups in the towns given authority to act as local police forces and as judicial tribunals.
5 True/False Questions
Renaissance → Time when crops failed, starting with bad weather in spring 1315, -Europe did not fully recover until 1322
Hundred Year's War → Henry VII gained power and ended wars of nobility/"livery and maintenence". Established Courty of Star Chamber that tortured nobles.
Geoffrey Chaucer → A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
Buba → The boil that resulted from catching the Bubonic Plague, gave the plague its name and caused agonizing pain
Black Death → a plague that struck Europe in the fourteenth century that killed nearly half of Europe's population. It started in Central Asia and eventually spread to Europe in the stomachs of fleas