5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Thomas More
- Tudor dynasty
- Great Famine
- a A Christian movement following the teachings of Czech reformer Jan Hus
- b wrote Utopia- an English lawyer, author, and statesman who wrote Utopia, which describes the political arrangements of the imaginary island country of Utopia.
- c Time when crops failed, starting with bad weather in spring 1315, -Europe did not fully recover until 1322
- d groups of people who inflicted physical harm on themselves as penance for society's sins, believing that the plague was God's punishment
- e Henry VII gained power and ended wars of nobility/"livery and maintenence". Established Courty of Star Chamber that tortured nobles.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Followers of John Wycliffe
- artist, worked in rome, the main characteristics of high renaissance are shown in his work
- The Muslim kingdom that Spain later conquested.
- The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- The imperial diet or parliament of the Holy Roman Empire.
5 True/False Questions
Conversos/New Christians → Jewish people of Spain who were forced by King Ferdinand to convert to Christianity.
Pope Clement V → Collected thousands of manuscripts and planned the Vatican library.
Merchet → an opinion different from accepted belief
Niccolo Machiavelli → artist, worked in rome, the main characteristics of high renaissance are shown in his work
Jan Van Eyck → Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and who pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441)