5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Nicholas V
- Battle of Poitiers
- Christian Humanism
- a Collected thousands of manuscripts and planned the Vatican library.
- b The taking away of a person's right of membership in a Christian church
- c Fought between the Kingdoms of England and France resulting in the second of the three great English victories of the Hundred Years' War.
- d is the belief that human freedom and individualism are compatible with the practice of Christianity or intrinsic in its doctrine.
- e The 1500's or 16 th Century , Rome leader of Renaissance art and thought
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Italian painter, engineer, scientist. The most versatile genius of the renaissance. Mona Lisa
- The public announcement in a Christian parish church that a marriage is going to take place between two specified persons
- The first Tudor king that worked to establish a strong monarchical government and ended the private wars of nobles in England.
- A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
- Also known as the "rebirth", the activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, and learning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the 17th century.
5 True/False Questions
Dante Alighieri → ) **An Italian poet of the Middle Ages *Wrote the Divine Comedy **
Nationalism → The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
Great Schism of 1054 → Divided medieval Christianity into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church
Inquisition → The selling of church offices.
Byzantine Empire → It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west.