5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Clement V
- Niccolo Machiavelli
- a Politics, Author of "The Prince" who advocated "better to be feared then loved but not hated" writer, works w/ gov't, power, & instability "the ends justifies the means"
- b italian underclass
- c Referred to the wars of the northern Christian kings fought in order to control the entire peninsula, some of the religious objectives were to convert and expel the Muslims and Jews.
- d Moved the Church from Rome to Avignon
- e artist, worked in rome, the main characteristics of high renaissance are shown in his work
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
- English theologian whose objections to Roman Catholic doctrine anticipated the Protestant Reformation (1328-1384)
- Established by Henry VII, it enforced torture to be used to force nobles to confess for something.
- The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- This dynasty became the Holy Roman emperor after 1438. It became one of the wealthiest landholders in the world.
5 True/False Questions
Conciliarists → This is the rule of government by a few
Lollards → The emphasis on the here and-now rather than on the spiritual and otherworldly.
bubonic plague → a form of Black Death where the plague was transferred directly from one person to another
Jerome (Hieronymus) Bosch → An eccentric Dutch painter of religious visions who dealt in particular with the torments of hell.
Byzantine Empire → It served as a buffer between the Muslim middle East and the Latin west.