5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the major monosaccharide found in the body?
- carbohydrates contain
- to facilitate the digestion of dietary fats, the gallbladder stores and releases a substance known as:
- Water has a high heat capacity. What does this term mean?
- a are classified as a micronutrient
- b glucose
- c Water is resistant to change in.
- d carbon, hydrogen, & oxygen
- e bile
5 Multiple choice questions
- are examples of carbohydrate rich foods
- 3 fatty acids and 1 glycerol
5 True/False questions
A complete Protein → contains all 9 essential amino acids
The following is TRUE regarding the science of nutrition → a. as compared to many other scientific disciplines, nutrition is a young science
b. discoveries by the first nutritional scientist established the connection between deficiencies and illnesses.
c. in developed countries current research in nutrition focuses on the relationship between diet and chronic disease
Diets rich in _______ are associated with maintaining healthy blood pressure levels. → Potassium
Benito is a healthy 19-year-old college student who is sedentary. He is 5'11" tall and weighs 175 pounds. How many grams of protein would you recommend he consumes? → 64 grams
which best explains why carbohydrate digestion ceases when food reaches the stomach? → small intestine