← Nutrition Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- according to my-pyramid, which of the following foods would count toward an individuals discretionary calorie intake?
- Glucose is the preferred source of energy for which of the following?
- which best explains why carbohydrate digestion ceases when food reaches the stomach?
- Of the 20 amino acids relevant to the human body, how many are considered non-essential?
- Diets rich in _______ are associated with maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- a Potassium
- b a. red blood cells
c. central nervous system
- c 11
- d butter
- e salivary enzymes cannot function in the acid environment of the stomach.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to neutralize the acidic chyme
- are classified as a micronutrient
- monounsaturated, medium chain fatty acid.
- fat soluble; water soluble
- She is suffering from severe dehydration and needs treatment immediately.
5 True/False Questions
In the body, the major storage sites for glycogen are the: → carbohydrates
appetite is triggered by → 3 fatty acids and 1 glycerol
The rate of overweight status in school-age children (6-19) has ______ since the 70's. → small intestine
Which two vitamins pose the greatest risk for toxicity? → Vitamins A & D
Significant chemical digestion of protein begins in the → stomach