5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- proprietary colony
- William Penn
- Roger Williams
- a a colony run by a proprietor, or owner
- b funded by the Virginia Company in 1607, it was the first permanent English settlement in North America due to the success of tabacco
- c The founder of Pennsylvania, Englishmen; founded Penn. with Quakers usually kind to Indians; set religious tolerance.
- d Minister who Founded colony of Rhode Island, believed in the idea of religious tolerance, total seperation of church and state
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Economic Reasons England set up colonies in America
- The first representative assembly in the American Colonies
- An agreement signed by Pilgrims to obey colony laws, first document in the America for self-government
- Reason European nations tried a passage through America was to find the ________________ ______________.
- A person who brought 50 settlers to New Netherland
5 True/False Questions
Puritans → Religious group that wanted to "purify" the Church of England
Mercantilism → Religious group that wanted to "purify" the Church of England
John Smith → The leader of Jamestown, The strict leader of Jamestown who said, "If you don't work, you don't eat."
Long New England Winters → Minister who Founded colony of Rhode Island, believed in the idea of religious tolerance, total seperation of church and state
King Philip's War → Conflict between settlers and Native Americans