← Chapter 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Food Chain
- a Collection of all the organisms that live in a particular place, together with there nonliving environment.
- b Process by which water changes from a liquid into an atmospheric gas
- c Series of steps in ecosystem in which organisms transfer energy by eating and being eatin.
- d Group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
- e Organism that can capture energy from sunlight or chemicaols and use it to produce food from inorganic compound; also called autotroph.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Diagram that shows the relative amounts of energy or matter within each trophic level in a food chain or food web
- Total amount of living tissue within a given trophic level
- Step in a food chain or food web
- Process in which elements, chemical compounds, and other forms of matter are passed from one organism to another and from part of the biosphere to another.
- Part of Earth in which life exists including land, water, and air or atmosphere.
5 True/False Questions
Nitrogen Fixation → Loss of water from a plant through its leaves
Autotroph → Organsim that obtains energy from the foods it consumes; also called a consumer
Decomposer → Collection of all the organisms that live in a particular place, together with there nonliving environment.
Herbivore → Organism that obtains energy by eating only plants
Consumer → Organism that relies on other organisms for its energy and food supply; also called a heterotroph