5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Analyzing Information Describe the three ways the Framers of the Constitution divided the responsibilities of governing in order to limit the power of government.
- elevated Supreme Court's status
- The Magna Carta granted the following rights: trial by jury, private property, and
a.freedom of speech.
c.freedom of the press.
d.freedom of religion.
- The Constitution is based on the concept of
- a b.due process.
- b appeal
- c judicial review
- d c.popular sovereignty.
- e The Framers limited government power by creating a federal structure (federalism) that divided the responsibilities for governing between the national and state governments. In addition, the national government's power was limited by dividing its functions among three branches according to a principle called separation of powers. Finally, the Framers created a system of checks and balances by which the actions of one branch might be blocked by another.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- b.article four
- c.Bill of Rights
- elastic clause
- elastic clause
5 True/False Questions
The president has made an informal change to the Constitution by creating executive agreements with other heads of states. What is the difference between a treaty and an executive agreement?
a.A treaty does not need congressional approval while an executive agreement needs congressional approval.
b.A treaty is only used in war and an executive order is only used during peace time.
c.A treaty is used during peace time and an executive order is used during war.
d.A treaty needs congressional approval while an executive agreement does not. → d.Changes are not allowed to be informal and can only go through the congress.
agreement between heads of state → executive agreement
amendment approval → ratification
Which document granted citizens the least amount of freedom?
b.English Bill of Rights
c.Virginia Declaration of Rights
d.Bill of Rights → c.Bill of Rights
The 25th amendment became a formal amendment that dealt with this informal amendment involving the presidency. Name the issue.
b.war making powers
d.appointment powers → a.succession