5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle at Salamis
- Battle at Issus
- a At this battle, Alexander the Great and Darius III met in field but Darius retreated.
- b At this battle, the Athenian Navy lured the Persian Navy into this small bay and destroyed them.
- c 632 B.C.-Tyrant who tried to reform Athens
- d Beyond physical world. "Idea of something is more important that actual thing."
- e 594 B.C.-Created new class structure in Athens that eased growing pressure in society.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ruled by few
- Persian retaliation for the role that Athens played in the uprising of city-states against Persia. Despite all odd, the small Athenian army beat the huge Persian Army.
- Large groups of heavily armoured foot soldiers 40-50 across, 8 rows deep
- Like neighborhood, village,precinct or ward.
- King of persia who was defeated and sent into hiding by Alexander the Great
5 True/False Questions
perioikoi → 360 B.C.- King of Macedon and father of Alexander the Great.
Alexander the Great → King of Macedon,Hegemon of the Corinthian League, Pharoah and King of Asia. Took control of Greece and Asia Minor.
helots → State-owned slaves
Battle at Pylos → 120 spartiates were captured here. Sparta asks for peace but is rejected.
Plato → 621 B.C.-Wrote down laws and made them known to commoners.