5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 127° F - 132° F (260° C - 270° C)
- Rediographic biteblock, ultrasonic handpiece, amalgam condenser, mirror
- Seals the package and changes color to show the autoclave temperature has been reached. Autoclave tape.
- 15-30 lbs pressure (psi)
- A preparation of nonpathogenic microorganisms, usually baterial spores, carried by an ampule or a specially impregnated paper enclosed within a pachage during sterilization and subsequently incubate to verify that sterilization has occured.
- a What is the temperature range for Chemical Vapor Sterilizers?
- b What does and External Chemical Indicator do?
- c What are some examples of "semicritical" objects?
- d How much pressure is used for moist heat sterilization?
- e What is a Biological Indicator?
5 Multiple choice questions
- This will change colors to help assess instrument exposure to temperature and steam for the required time?
- How long do we flush water lines in between each patient?
- What are some advantages of moist heat: steam under pressure sterilization?
- How do you manually scrub your instruments?
- What is "noncritical" surface category?
5 True/False questions
Indicates a range of activity of drug or chemical substance against a wide variety of microorganisms. → What is Broad Spectrum?
You drain out the excess liquid, rinse with warm water, inspect for anything left on the intruments that may need to be manually taken off, pat dry, then wrap or bag. → What do you do after you have ran your instruments through the ultrasonic machine?
Has a long exposure time, high temperature critical to certain materials. → What is the time limit for Chemical Vapor Sterilization?
An agent, usually a chemical, but may be a physical agent, such as x-rays or utraviolet light, that destroys microorganism s but may not kill bacterial spores; refers to substances applied to inanimate objects. → What is a Disinfectant?
Asepsis → What is a substance that prevents or arrests the growt or action of microorganisms either by inhibiting their activity or by destroying them. Refers to things applied to living tissues.