5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Internal Chemical Indicators (heat strips)
- Touches intact mucous membranes,or oral fluids but DOES NOT penetrate.
- 127° F - 132° F (260° C - 270° C)
- Seals the package and changes color to show the autoclave temperature has been reached. Autoclave tape.
- No corrosion, good for materials that cannot be subjected to steam under pressure, when at correct temp. it is well suited for sharp instruments.
- a What is "semicritical" surface category?
- b What is the temperature range for Chemical Vapor Sterilizers?
- c This will change colors to help assess instrument exposure to temperature and steam for the required time?
- d What does and External Chemical Indicator do?
- e What are some advantages of dry heat sterilization?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What things need to be done in a follow-up to an exposure?
- What are some disadvantages of moist heat: steam under pressure sterilization?
- How do you manually scrub your instruments?
- What is the time range for dry heat sterilization?
- What is a Chemical Indicator?
5 True/False questions
250° F - 270° F (121° C - 132° C) → What is the temperature range for dry heat sterilization?
A minimum of 20 mins after the desired temperature is reached. → What is "environmental" surface category?
An agent, usually a chemical, but may be a physical agent, such as x-rays or utraviolet light, that destroys microorganism s but may not kill bacterial spores; refers to substances applied to inanimate objects. → What is a Disinfectant?
Light handles, certain x-ray machine parts, safety eyewear → This will change colors to help assess instrument exposure to temperature and steam for the required time?
Indicates a range of activity of drug or chemical substance against a wide variety of microorganisms. → What are some advantages of moist heat: steam under pressure sterilization?