← Micro Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Decomposition Reactions
- Atomic Weight
- a The average of the mass numbers of all the istopic forms for a particular element
- b A substance comprising only one kind of atom that cannot be degraded into two or more substances without losing its chemical characteristics; has a characteristic atomic structure and predictable chemical behavior
- c An important molecule in biological systems because it is the building block of many polysaccharides, including startch, cellulose, and glycogen. It is the most common & universally important monosaccharide.
- d The bonds on a single reactant molecule are permanently broken to release two or more product molecules (example equation: AB--->A+B)
- e An elementary particle that carries a positive charge.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A chemical bond in which electrons are transferred and not shared between atoms; has a characteristic atomic structure and predictable chemical behavior.
- The property of repelling water.
- Double layers of phopholipids
- An electrically neutral particle in the nuclei of all atoms except hydrogen.
- The smallest particle of an element to retain all the properties of that element; cannot be subdivided into smaller substances w/o losing the properties of an element
5 True/False Questions
Dehydration Synthesis → The property of repelling water.
Functional Group → A particular molecular combination that reacts in a predictable way and confers particular properties on a compound. (example -COOH, -OH, -CHO)
Atomic number (AN) → The average of the mass numbers of all the istopic forms for a particular element
Compound → Molecules that are a combination of two or more different elements (example H2O)
Isotopes → Forms of an element that have different numbers of neutrons.