5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Characteristics of line
- Determines straightness of fabric
- Length of time to dry laundry
- Apparel manufacturer
- a designs, produces, and markets garments with its own brand label and own facilities.
- b tearing the fabric, cutitng along a rpminent design line, or pulling a crosswise yarn.
- c a continuous strand of textile fibers, filaments, or material suitable for processing into a textile fabric.
- d indicates direction, length, width, and straightness.
- e temperature of the circulating air, size of the load, amount of moisture in teh the laundry, and type of fabric.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A-line, blouson, coat, empire, lowered waistline, princess, sheath, shift or chemise, shirtwaist, tent.
- topcoat, overcoat, all-weather, and three-quarter.
- starting, stopping,and sweing at the speed desired.
- sleeves joined to a garment at the armhole with seam all around and allowing free movement.
- Babies, Toddlers', Children's, Girls', and Chubbie.
5 True/False Questions
Color → most noted and remembered aspect of clothing.
Elements of an effective sign → abrasion resistance;absorbency;chemical reactivity; cohesiveness, cover; creep;crimp; density; dyeability; elastic recovery; elongation; feltability; flammability; flexibility; hand; eat conductivity; loft; luster; mildew resistance; pilling; reiliency; stiffness; strength; sunlight resistance
Types of industrial sewing macines → lock stitch, chain stitch, automatic and decorative stitch machines.
Types of seams → notched (standard business lapel); peak (two sharp points and more formal as seen on double-breasted)
Final pattern alterations → pieced back together and put on client's body for proper fit.