← ch 3 sect 2-3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 7- water
- ionic bond
- a composd of two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds. (have no overall charge bc the total # of electrons = the total # protons)
- b the change of a liquid to a gas
- c matter that is heated to great than 5000°C, and can conduct electricity. Can be found in lightning, neon signs, and stars.
- d chemical bonds in which two ions of opposite charge are attracted to one another.
- e neutral on the pH scale
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an atom that gains or loses an electron and becomes a charged particle
- atom that has lost an electron
- a substance composed of two or more atoms of two or more different elements that are chemically combined.
- a solution that produces hydroxide (OH-) ions in water. has a pH of more than 7.
- hold metals together. the electrons float freely and are shared by all atoms.
5 True/False Questions
solid → a solution that makes hydrogen (H+) ions in water. has a pH of less than 7
sublimation → the change of state of a solid to a gas
negative ion → atom that has gained an electron
mixture → composd of two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds. (have no overall charge bc the total # of electrons = the total # protons)
homogenous mixture (solution) → when a mixture's components are easily recognizable (ex. soil)