5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Underground Railroad
- Dred Scott
- Missouri Compromise
- George Washington
- Harriet Beecher
- a Stated that Missouri could come into the union as a slave state and Maine would come in as a free state. It also forbid any states north of 36 30' to be slave state.
- b The first president of the United States, he was also the commander of the continental Army.
- c an informal network of secret routes and safe houses used by 19th century Black slaves in the United States to escape to free states and Canada with the aid of abolitionists who were sympathetic to their cause.
- d a slave in the United States who sued unsuccessfully in St. Louis, Missouri for his freedom in the infamous Dred Scott v. Sandford case of 1857.
- e an American abolitionist and author. Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin (1852) depicted life for African-Americans under slavery; it reached millions as a novel and play, and became influential in the U.S. and Britain and made the political
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ruled that blacks could never be citizens in America and therefore could not sue in the court of law. It also overturned the Missouri Compromise, stating that the government has no right to deny slave ownership.
- territory in the western United States purchased from France in 1803 for $15 million; extends from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains and from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada
- The first ten amendments to The Constitution.
- One of the most famous "conductors," freeing more than 300 slaves.
- Elected in 1860. Following his victory the southern states seceded and formed The Confederate States of America.
5 True/False questions
Free enterpise → a United States policy that was introduced on December 2, 1823, which stated that further efforts by European countries to colonize land or interfere with states in the Americas would be viewed by the United States of America as acts of aggression requiring US intervention ... Stated that the United States would not allow any European countries to try to retake or settle new colonies in Latin America.
Seneca falls Convention → The first president of the United States, he was also the commander of the continental Army.
Southern → Agriculture, cotton kingdom, for slavery, and more wealth.
Harriet Beecher Stowe → Uncle Tom's Cabin, a book that portrays the lives of slaves in an attempt to get support in the North.
Susan .B. Anthony → The idea that God intends for America to extend itself to the Pacific Ocean.