5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- insulated tubes around the axon that speed up transmission of neural impulse
- Chain of events that take place in neural communication
- the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
- carry incoming information from the sense receptors to the brain and spinal cord
- Cell Body
5 True/False questions
The Neural Impulse → 1. Threshold: the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
2. Impulse travels from the soma down the axon to terminal button
3. At the terminal, vesicles move to the membrane, attach and release chemicals into the synapse
Interneurons: → Neurons that convey information between neurons in the brain and spinal cord.
Receptor → specialized cell activated by a stimulus
Dendrites → junction between axon of sending neuron and dendrite of receiving neuron
Synapse → Cell Body