5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chain of events that take place in neural communication
- the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
- carry incoming information from the sense receptors to the brain and spinal cord
- specialized cell activated by a stimulus
- cylindrical structure that carries the neural impulse from soma to other neurons
5 True/False Questions
Synapse → junction between axon of sending neuron and dendrite of receiving neuron
Motor neurons → carry outgoing information from brain and spinal cord to the muscles and the glands
terminal Buttons → Knobs at the end of the axon
Dendrites → specialized cell activated by a stimulus
The Neural Impulse → 1. Threshold: the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
2. Impulse travels from the soma down the axon to terminal button
3. At the terminal, vesicles move to the membrane, attach and release chemicals into the synapse