← neurons Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chain of events that take place in neural communication
- tree-like structures that branch out from the soma
- cylindrical structure that carries the neural impulse from soma to other neurons
- insulated tubes around the axon that speed up transmission of neural impulse
- Cell Body
5 True/False Questions
Receptor → specialized cell activated by a stimulus
The Neural Impulse → 1. Threshold: the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
2. Impulse travels from the soma down the axon to terminal button
3. At the terminal, vesicles move to the membrane, attach and release chemicals into the synapse
Synapse → junction between axon of sending neuron and dendrite of receiving neuron
Threshold → the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
Nodes of Ranvier → gaps in the myelin that allow the neural impulse to jump down the axon