1. Define cells
basic unit of life
2. Who is credited with naming cells?
3. What are the 3 statements of the cell theory?
All organisms are made from 1 or more cells
Cells are the basic unit of structure and function in organisms
All cells come from other cells
4. What type of cell does NOT have a nucleus?
5. What type of cell has a nucleus?
Example: Plant or Animal cells
6. What are organelles?
Internal structures inside cells that do a specific job
7. ____ is the clear, transparent jelly-like substance that holds the organelles together.
8. The "brain" of the cell is called the ____. It contains the ____, which holds the genetic material.
9. ____ act like storage containers for food, water, and waste.
10. Plant cells have ___ ___ for support and protection.
11. Photosynthesis is performed by ____ in plant cells. They look green because they contain ____, which is a green pigment.
12. The ___ ___ controls what goes in/out of cells. What are the other 2 jobs of this organelle?
1. gives shape to the cell
2. holds in cytoplasm
13. The "powerhouse" of the cell takes digested food and turns it into energy for the cell to used. This takes place in the ____.
14. What are the differences in organelles between plant and animal cells?
Plant cells contain chloroplasts, cell walls, and bigger vacuoles
Animal cells have centrioles and can have flagella
15. Cells to _____ to ____ to ___ ___ to organism are the levels of organization in organisms.
tissues, organs, organ systems