5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dr. Kerrik has developed a training program for young children that will help the children learn to read at a quicker pace and with greater comprehension. what kind of psychologist is Dr. Kerrik?
- Which of the following contributed to the "cognitive revolution" and a return to the study of mental processes?
- a theory:
- Who conditioned dogs to reflexively salivate to the sound of a bell rather than food?
- A correlational study:
- a Educational
- b examines how strongly two variables are related to one another
- c The invention of the fist computers in the 1950's
- d Russian physiologist Ivan pavlov
- e integrates and summarizes diverse findings on the same topic
5 Multiple choice questions
- the study of consciousness
- The scientific study of behavior and mental processes
- group of subjects that closely parallels the larger group to be studied on all relevant characteristics, such as age, sex, and race
- William James
5 True/False questions
Professor Nelson wishes to investigate the relationship between stress and visits to the college mental health clinic. which of the following research methods would be most appropriate? → Developmental
Descriptive research: → typically answer the "who, what, where, when, how often" questions about behavior
psychologists assume that: → unconscious causes of behavior
Which area of psychology is most interested in examining individual differences and the characteristics that make each person unique? → Developmental
Researcher at the Allied Mental Health Center are conducting a study to determine how quickly symptoms of depression are reduced by different forms of psychotherapy. What is the independent variable in this study? → the type of psychotherapy used to treat depression