5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In order to test the hypothesis that premarital education enhances marital quality, Dr. Stanley should first.
- The founder of psychoanalysis was:
- Dr. Marinez is studying the effects of diet on mental alertness Each morning for two weeks, subjects in Dr. Martinez's study eat a breakfast that is either high in carbohydrates or high in protein. Dr. Martinez then measures the subject's abilities at solving geometry problems. What is the dependent variable in this study?
- A correlational study:
- Researcher at the Allied Mental Health Center are conducting a study to determine how quickly symptoms of depression are reduced by different forms of psychotherapy. What is the independent variable in this study?
- a The ability to solve geometry problems
- b the type of psychotherapy used to treat depression
- c Operationally define the terms premarital education and marital quality
- d examines how strongly two variables are related to one another
- e Austrian physician Sigmund Freud
5 Multiple choice questions
- typically answer the "who, what, where, when, how often" questions about behavior
- Critical thinking
- the study of consciousness
- Pseudoscientific belief
5 True/False questions
Behaviorism was characterized by: → unconscious causes of behavior
Which of the following people emphasized conscious experiences and each person's unique potential for psychological growth and self-direction → the establishment of the first psychology research laboratory by Wilhelm Wundt in 1879
Structuralism: → a fake substance, treatment or procedure with no known direct effects
which of the following events do most historians consider to mark the formal beginning of psychology as a scientific discipline? → Carl Rogers
Pressor Anderson is interested in how family relationships change over time. during the last two decades, he has kept track of and repeatedly surveyed the same group of 3,000 participants about changes in their relationships with their parents and siblings. Professor Anderson is most likely a _____ psychologist. → Developmental