← Unit 3 Vocabulary Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ad hominem
- a Marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the arguments made or the issues raised.
- b Root word: Warm
- c An oval or circular building with an open area ringed by rising tiers of seats, used in ancient Rome for concerts and spectacles; a large modern theater or stadium.
- d A descriptive word or phrase occurring with or in place of the name of a person or thing; an insulting or demeaning word or phrase.
- e One of two or more words pronounced alike but different in meaning, derivation, or spelling.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A person unduly concerned with health and often suffering from delusions of physical disease.
- Showing a variety or a change of colors; multicolored.
- An exclusive right to inheritance belonging to the eldest son of a single set of parents.
- Done, made, or formulated after the fact.
- Of or relating to the changes in the nucleus of atoms with low atomic weight that require a very high temperature to begin.
5 True/False Questions
hypothetical → Subnormal temperature of the body.
polyphony → One who can speak or write several languages; having or using several languages.
epitaph → An inscription on a grave or tomb in memory of the one buried there.
de facto → Being such in practice or effect, although not formally recognized; actual.
hypothermia → Subnormal temperature of the body.