5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Clerk who read and wrote for those who could not do so themselves.
- b Fear or dislike of foreigners or of people significantly different from oneself.
- c The expected king and deliverer of the Jews who is a professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause.
- d An absolute ruler.
- e Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
- The record of events since people first developed writing, about 5,000 years ago.
- A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
- To tame animals such as cattle, goats, sheep, and pigs to the advantage of human beings.
- The policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries.
5 True/False Questions
Franchise → The right to vote.
Magistrate → Form of government that consisted of a town or city and the surrounding land it controlled.
Meritocracy → An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
Isthmus → Having moral excellence or character.
Monotheism → Belief in the existence of many gods.