← History Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The beliefs, knowledge, and patterns of living that people develop through living together.
- b Period of time before people kept written records.
- c Fear or dislike of foreigners or of people significantly different from oneself.
- d Clerk who read and wrote for those who could not do so themselves.
- e A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Oppressive power exerted by government.
- Material objects shaped by human beings or the hominids who preceded them.
- Form of government that consisted of a town or city and the surrounding land it controlled.
- The right to vote.
- The record of events since people first developed writing, about 5,000 years ago.
5 True/False Questions
Domesticate → To tame animals such as cattle, goats, sheep, and pigs to the advantage of human beings.
Patronage → Making appointments to government jobs or the power to grant other political favors.
Meritocracy → An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
Citizen → Skilled craft workers.
Anthropologists → People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.