5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The record of events since people first developed writing, about 5,000 years ago.
- b A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to rights given by a state or nation.
- c Belief in one God.
- d An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
- e To tame animals such as cattle, goats, sheep, and pigs to the advantage of human beings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To leave one country or region to settle in another.
- Belief in the existence of many gods.
- Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
- These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
- A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
5 True/False questions
Monarchy → Term for kingdom; a form of government headed by a king or queen.
Xenophobia → Belief in one God.
Aristocracy → An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
Nomads → A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
Artisan → Material objects shaped by human beings or the hominids who preceded them.