5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.
- b A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
- c Exchange of one commodity or service for another.
- d Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
- e Skilled craft workers.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
- To leave one country or region to settle in another.
- A civil officer charged with the administration of the law.
- These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
- A family, society, community, or state governed by women.
5 True/False Questions
Nomads → A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
Dynasty → Oppressive power exerted by government.
Dowry → Money or goods a woman brings to a marriage.
Civilization → Highly organized societies with complex institutions and attitudes that link a large number of people together.
Patronage → Making appointments to government jobs or the power to grant other political favors.