5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Having moral excellence or character.
- b Money or goods a woman brings to a marriage.
- c The record of events since people first developed writing, about 5,000 years ago.
- d The beliefs, knowledge, and patterns of living that people develop through living together.
- e Belief in one God.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
- A family, society, community, or state governed by men.
- Oppressive power exerted by government.
- People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.
- The policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries.
5 True/False questions
Patronage → Making appointments to government jobs or the power to grant other political favors.
Empire → Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
Conspirator → A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
Judicial → Of or relating to judgement.
Aristocracy → A hereditary privileged ruling class or nobility.