5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Form of government that consisted of a town or city and the surrounding land it controlled.
- b The beliefs, knowledge, and patterns of living that people develop through living together.
- c Term for kingdom; a form of government headed by a king or queen.
- d Power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
- e A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.
- A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to rights given by a state or nation.
- Material objects shaped by human beings or the hominids who preceded them.
- A hereditary privileged ruling class or nobility.
- Money or goods a woman brings to a marriage.
5 True/False questions
Prehistory → Period of time before people kept written records.
Franchise → To treat cruelly; torment.
Emigration → To enter and settle in a country or region to which one is not native.
Archaeologists → People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.
Dynasty → Oppressive power exerted by government.