5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Succedaneous tooth
- Cellular differentiation
- Thyroglossal duct
- Oral epithelium
- Palatal fusion
- a Compared to active eruption of a permanent ______ ______, the shedding of the associated primary tooth is intermittent.
- b _____ _______allows the fusion of swellings or tissue from different surfaces of the embryo.
- c _________ _____is derived from ectoderm as a result of embryonic folding.
- d Foramen secum is the beginning of the _______ _______.
- e The embryonic period is characterized by increased ____ ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In order to differentiate into ____________, cells from the enamel organ repolarize their nuclei.
- The_____ ______ is posterior to the zygomatic arch.
- Intermaxillary segment is initially formed during the _____ _____ by internally fusion of the paired medial nasal processes, which will grow inferiorly on the inside of the stomodeum. Intermaxillary segment gives rise to the primary palate.
- ________is composed entirely of inner and outer enamel epithelium
- ______________ permanent teeth develop from buds that grow off an extension of the primary second molar's dental lamina.
5 True/False questions
enamel organ, dental papilla, dental sac → The tooth germ is comprised of 3 embryological structures: the _______ _______, ______ _______ and _______ _____.
Differentiate → A _______________results in the deepest part of each tooth bud of dental lamina and forms a cap, or enamel organ.
Ectomesenchyme → The oral epithelium grows deeper into the _______________ and is induced to produce a layer called the dental lamina.
Mandibular Arch → The lower face will develop from the ______ ______.
2nd week → Neural crest cells develop form the ectoderm.