The World & Its People Chapter10
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- absolute ruler of an empire
- elected chief of the Roman Republic
- nobles in medieval society who swore loyalty to a lord in return for land
- written agreement guaranteeing privilages and freedoms
- strong national government headed by elected leaders
- political and social system in which a lord gave land to a noble to work, govern, and defend, in return for the noble's loyalty
6 True/False Questions
Common law → elected chief of the Roman Republic
Serf → the leader of the Roman Catholic church
Manor → feudal estate made up of a manor house or castle and land
Guilds → Greek term for "city-state"
Divine right of kings → belief that royalty ruled by the will of God
Revolution → Greek term for "city-state"