5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
- b the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- c tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- d appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
- e not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
- soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
5 True/False questions
Improprieties → not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
Mien → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Ponderous → pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
Sagacity → good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
Congenial → pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.