5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.
- b fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- c the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
- d pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- e not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
5 Multiple choice questions
- give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
- tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
- not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
5 True/False questions
Intervolutions → the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
Sagacity → good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
Throng → a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
Ponderous → dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
Mien → face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.