← Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- b soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
- c something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- d the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- e give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
- face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
5 True/False Questions
Purport → appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
Ignominy → the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
Inauspicious → not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
Edifice → face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
Eloquence → fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.