5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- b the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- c diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- d the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
- e fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
5 True/False questions
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Throng → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Sagacity → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Ponderous → pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
Allot → a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.