← Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- b face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
- c a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
- d the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- e a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
- give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
- fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
5 True/False Questions
Undutiful → not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
Sepulchers → tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Inauspicious → not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
Obstinacy → stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.