5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- b give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
- c appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
- d not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- e not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
5 Multiple choice questions
- dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
- a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
- face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
5 True/False questions
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Heterogeneous → the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
Sagacity → good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
Eloquence → fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
Obstinacy → good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.