5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- b face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
- c a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- d the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- e stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
5 True/False Questions
Allot → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Purport → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Ignominy → the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
Throng → a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.