5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which two research methods did Laud Humphreys utilize in his classic tearoom study?
- Of the following influences, the one that C. Wright Mills most attributed to being the one that sociologists would use to explain individual behavior is...
- Frank is the son of a middle class family. He took the family car without permission last night, returning home at 3 AM with the smell of alcohol on his breath. It is most likely, based on the research of Kohn, that the next day Frank's parents will _______.
- What is another term used to describe the research method called participant observation?
- When we communicate information about ourselves, we use the social setting, our appearance, and manners to make impressions on others. Erving Goffman referred to these methods as _______.
- a Fieldwork
- b Sign vehicles
- c Suspend Frank's driving privileges for a month and discuss with Frank the dangers of drinking and driving
- d Participant observation and survey
- e External influences
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cultural lag
- Significant others
- Positive sanctions
5 True/False questions
The anthropologist who gathered data on hundreds of groups around the world to compare their customs and then concluded that specific customs differed from one group to another was _______. → George Murdock
McDonalds now sells Quarter Pounders in Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, and practically every other major city in the world. Mickey Mouse and Fred Flintstone are among the most popular cartoon figures in Mexico. These two situations are examples of ________. → Cultural leveling
The term coined by sociologist William Ogburn to describe a situation in which nonmaterial culture changes slower than material culture was ________. → Cultural Lag
The social thinker of the 19th century who predicted that there would be a classless society once the working class united and began a revolution was... → Karl Marx
Our image of who we are called is the _______. → Self