5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Using police records, crime reports, and economic reports, Max will test his hypothesis that unemployed men are more likely to commit spousal abuse than men who are employed. He will most likely use a form of ________ analysis to test his hypothesis.
- A small group of seven students evaluated Professor Zanylo's lectures. On a scale of 1 to 10 the scores the students registered were 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10. Professor Zanylo's mode score was ________ and his median score was ________.
- Believing that all football players are academically challenged, that all African Americans are great athletes, and that all women can cook well are examples of _______.
- The social thinker of the 19th century who predicted that there would be a classless society once the working class united and began a revolution was...
- Although supplied by the university, many professors refused to learn how to use the computer. Others would save data to their hard drive or on floppy disks but would also make a paper copy to file away. Such behavior is an example of ________.
- a Karl Marx
- b Cultural lag
- c Quantative
- d 9;8
- e Sterotyping
5 Multiple choice questions
- Analyzing the data incorrectly
- The sociological imagination/perspective
- Status symbol
- Participant observation and survey
5 True/False questions
Although formal education is intended to transmit knowledge and skills, it unintentionally teaches students that the same rules apply to everyone. This universality reflects what sociologists describe as _______. → Latent function
Which of the following statements is the best example of a hypothesis? → Unemployed men are more likely to commit spousal abuse than employed men.
Which of the following is an example of social interaction? → A driver signaling a right turn with his direction signals
Milo, a highly successful attorney, just received a $200 ticket for speeding. Jim, an unemployed father of six, received a $50 fine for parking in a restricted area. Milo considers his $200 ticket an inconvenience, but Jim sees his $50 fine as a financial disaster. Why do Milo and Jim feel so differently about their fines, even though Milo's is four times greater? → Charles Horton Cooley
The term coined by sociologist William Ogburn to describe a situation in which nonmaterial culture changes slower than material culture was ________. → Social Darwinism