5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the United States people from all walks of life, races, religions, and ethnic groups participate in the legislative process. In view of this, which term best describes American society?
- Of the following traits and abilities, which one would George Herbert Mead consider to be the most essential for an individual to be a full-fledged member of society?
- Milo, a highly successful attorney, just received a $200 ticket for speeding. Jim, an unemployed father of six, received a $50 fine for parking in a restricted area. Milo considers his $200 ticket an inconvenience, but Jim sees his $50 fine as a financial disaster. Why do Milo and Jim feel so differently about their fines, even though Milo's is four times greater?
- Signs that identify a position in society someone occupies are referred to as ______.
- Using police records, crime reports, and economic reports, Max will test his hypothesis that unemployed men are more likely to commit spousal abuse than men who are employed. He will most likely use a form of ________ analysis to test his hypothesis.
- a The ability to take the role of another
- b Their location in the social structure is what has created the difference between Milo's and Jim's reaction.
- c Quantative
- d America is a pluralistic society
- e Status symbol
5 Multiple choice questions
- Social structure
- Status symbols
- Sign vehicles
- Maintaining traditional gender relations
5 True/False questions
The Smiths are going Christmas shopping for their two children, Dick and Jane. They plan to buy Dick a Tonka truck and Jane a Barbie doll. Their selection of toys for their children is an example of ________ by parents. → Gender socialization
Americans usually recognize hard work, education, and efficiency as desired qualities. Where one of these qualities is found, the other two also apply. The is an example of _______. → Value cluster
The organized, usual, or standard ways by which society meets its basic needs are referred to as ______. → Social Institutions
Which two research methods did Laud Humphreys utilize in his classic tearoom study? → Participant observation and survey
What two sociological perspectives are most linked to macrosociology? → Unemployed men are more likely to commit spousal abuse than employed men.