5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- la pieta
- how did niccolo machiavelli view human nature? how would you describe his attitude toward politics and governing?
- who was william the conqueror
- hellenistic? had to do with?
- to which historical periods did Renaissance artists and thinkers look for inspiration? Why?
- a humans are selfish in nature, survival of the fittest for royalty, all people of nobility needed to be ruthless and cruel to keep their positions and keep their country safe
- b a type of culture that blends greek culture with Egyptian, Persian, and Indian influences, alexander the great
- c michaelangelo
- d greek and roman because they emphasized people and heroes
- e he invaded england after his cousin king edward died, he fought in the battle of hastings against george goodwinson,he set the foundation for modern day government
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- donatello, 1508, feminine, after battle
- between the french and the english, french won
- a painting on wet plaster, sistine chapel
- art and learning
5 True/False Questions
baby means → new life
sistine chapel → michaelangelo, bernini, boticelli, raphael, 1508 - 1512, book of genesis
holy roman empire → a land area controlled by a king that was appointed by the pope
what is feudalism → a system of governing and landowning based on mutual obligations, kings barons bishops dukes serfs
why was the pelponnesian war fought → to be the most dominate city state