5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who was the first great Japanese unifier?
- What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer?
- What were two big problems with Christian missionary work in Japan?
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification?
- a translations, wary government
- b Oda Nobunaga
- c thinning out the rice shoots
- d guns
- e national currency
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- military commander, son of samurai
- seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- "ones who serve"
- Daimyo of Edo
5 True/False Questions
Who was the third Japanese unifier? → Toyotomi Hideyoshi
What is the purpose of performing seppuku? → 1543
Why was infanticide even considered? → thinning out the rice shoots
How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things) → agriculture
What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi? → "abundant provider"