5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans?
- What was euphemistically referred to as "thinning out the rice shoots?"
- Who held the greatest political power?
- What does the name "Toyotomi" mean?
- What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi?
- a infanticide
- b Farmer's son, became military commander
- c interest
- d "abundant provider"
- e shogun
5 Multiple choice questions
- translations, wary government
- seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- proving loyalty/honor
- Oda Nobunaga
5 True/False questions
Was there equal rights for all? → Daimyo of Edo
What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things) → stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
Who was the third Japanese unifier? → Toyotomi Hideyoshi
How did the Portuguese first land on the Japanese island? → blown off course
What does the word "samurai" mean? → "ones who serve"