5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- What does the name "Toyotomi" mean?
- What is the modern name for the city of Edo?
- Who was the second Japanese unifier?
- How did the Portuguese first land on the Japanese island?
- a thinning out the rice shoots
- b Tokyo
- c blown off course
- d "abundant provider"
- e Toyotomi Hideyoshi
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "great names"
- proving loyalty/honor
- Oda Nobunaga
5 True/False Questions
Who was the third Japanese unifier? → Tokugawa Ieyasu
Where did the people who were under samurai stand in the social heirarchy? (highest to lowest) → blown off course
Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role? → military commander, son of samurai
What is seppuku? → ritual suicide
What did the missionaries do that made the government kick them out? (2 things) → seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates