5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- What did Nobunaga do to try to unite the country? (3 things)
- How were the ruling elites ranked? (What philosophy?)
- What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer?
- How many daimyo were there in the Warring States Period?
- a confucian
- b 260
- c thinning out the rice shoots
- d seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- e guns
5 Multiple choice questions
- peasants, artisans, merchants
- Oda Nobunaga
- not much land
5 True/False questions
What were two big problems with Christian missionary work in Japan? → 1543
What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things) → stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things) → new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
What did the missionaries do that made the government kick them out? (2 things) → started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
Who held the greatest political power? → shogun