5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who was the third Japanese unifier?
- How were the ruling elites ranked? (What philosophy?)
- What does the word "samurai" mean?
- Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role?
- Who was the second Japanese unifier?
- a Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- b Tokugawa Ieyasu
- c emperor
- d confucian
- e "ones who serve"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
- stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
- blown off course
- "abundant provider"
5 True/False Questions
What did the missionaries do that made the government kick them out? (2 things) → seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer? → guns
What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification? → national currency
What is the purpose of performing seppuku? → proving loyalty/honor
Was there equal rights for all? → Daimyo of Edo