5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the word "daimyo" mean?
- What did Nobunaga do to try to unite the country? (3 things)
- Who held the greatest political power?
- What did Hideyoshi do to increase his territory?
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- a seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- b Built castle at Osaka, conquered everything to the south
- c thinning out the rice shoots
- d shogun
- e "great names"
5 Multiple choice questions
- blown off course
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
- Daimyo of Edo
- 100 yrs
5 True/False questions
What was euphemistically referred to as "thinning out the rice shoots?" → infanticide
What does the word "samurai" mean? → "ones who serve"
What year did the Europeans arrive in Japan? → 1543
Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role? → emperor
What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans? → interest