5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi?
- How were the ruling elites ranked? (What philosophy?)
- Who held the greatest political power?
- What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans?
- What is the purpose of performing seppuku?
- a shogun
- b proving loyalty/honor
- c Farmer's son, became military commander
- d interest
- e confucian
5 Multiple choice questions
- ritual suicide
- "abundant provider"
- translations, wary government
5 True/False questions
What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification? → national currency
What architecture did the Europeans bring? → 1543
Who was the third Japanese unifier? → Toyotomi Hideyoshi
Why did the economy boom during the Tokugawa period? → Tokyo
How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things) → new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer