5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bischloromethyl ether/BCME
- Aneurysm hook
- Bulb syringe
- American Congress of Governmental Industrial Hygienists/ACGIH
- a self-destruction of cells; decomposition of all tissues by enzymes of their own formation without microbial assistance.
- b a carcinogen potentially produced when formaldehyde and sodium hypochlorite come into contact with each other; normally occurs only in a controlled laboratory setting and requires a catalyst.
- c self-contained, soft rubber and manual pump designed to create pressure to deliver fluid as it passes through one-way valves located within the bulb. It is used only to deliver fluids; it cannot be used for aspiration.
- d an embalming instrument that is used for blunt dissection and in raising vessels.
- e is an organization of professional personnel in governmental agencies or educational institutions who are employed in occupational safety and health programs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the semi-convulsive twitches which often occur before death
- this level is established to ensure adequate protection of employees at expposures below the OSHA limits, but to minimize the compliance burdens for employers whose employees have exposures below the 8 hour permissible exposure limit (PEL). The AL for formaldehyde is 0.5 ppm.
- right atrium of the heart.
- smooth, rounded articular process on a bone.
- an agonal or postmortem redistribution of host microflora on a hostwide basis.
5 True/False questions
Canalization → formation of new channels in a tissue
Autopsy (Postmortem Examination) → a postmortem examination of the organs and tissues of a body to determine cause of death or pathological condition.
Anomalies → accumulation of serous fluids in the peritoneal (abdominal) cavity.
Extrinsic → transparent part of the tunic of the eyeball that covers the iris and pupil and admits light into the interior.
Bloodborne pathogen rule → OSHA REGULATION (29CFR 1910-1030) regulating the employee's exposure to blood and other body fluids. OSHA DEFINITIONS: Blood - human blood, human blood components, and products made from human blood.