5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Culture region
- Culture system
- Spatial Perspective
- Folk culture
- a Outlook through which geographers identify, explain, and predict the human and physical patterns in space and the interconnectedness of different spaces.
- b The process of spread of a feature or trend from one place to another over time.
- c Culture traditionally practiced by a small, homogeneous, rural group living in relative isolation from other groups.
- d an area in which people have many shared culture traits
- e A collection of interacting elements taken together shape a group's collective identity. Includes traits, territorial affiliation, shared history, and more complex elements, like language
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Culture found in a large, heterogeneous society that shares certain habits despite differences in other personal characteristics.
- The spread of a feature or trend from one key person or node of authority or power to other persons or places.
- An internal representation of a portion of Earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place, containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located.
- the view that the natural environment has a controlling influence over various aspects of human life including cultural development
- The spread of a feature or trend through bodily movement of people from one place to another.
5 True/False Questions
Culture realm → A cluster of regions in which related culture systems prevail.
Possibilism → The process through which people lose originality differentiating traits, such as dress, speech particularities or mannerisms, when they come into contact with another society or culture. Often used to describe immigrant adaptation to new places of residence.
Cultural diffusion → The spread of an underlying principle, even though a specific characteristic is rejected.
Sequent occupance → the notion that successive societies leave their cultural imprints on a place, each contributing to the cumulative cultural landscape
Culture trait → A single element of normal practice in a culture, such as the wearing of a turban.