5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In The Grove
- Eight To The Bar
- Flip Side
- Moppin' up a ten cent pop
- a eight eighth notes to a measure. commonly used in swing music
- b An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
- c this term for the other side of a record was first coined in the 1940's
- d carried away by music
- e drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A term made by popular by Hollywood of the 1940's
- short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
- an attractive girl
- where dance partners separated and improvised steps
5 True/False Questions
G.I. → short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
cats → musicians
Messin' around → carried away by music
O.S.S → short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
Bombardier → an attractive girl