5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Powder dry
- Messin' around
- a killing time with friends
- b good,cool,hip,etc.
- c as in "keep your powder dry" technically it means gun powder but came to mean "keep ready for action
- d an attractive girl
- e short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
5 Multiple choice questions
- carried away by music
- a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
- eight eighth notes to a measure. commonly used in swing music
- An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
- a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
5 True/False questions
cats → musicians
Breakaways → musicians
Moppin' up a ten cent pop → killing time with friends
G.I. → Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
Gremlin → a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction