5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Glamour Girl
- a A term made by popular by Hollywood of the 1940's
- b where dance partners separated and improvised steps
- c a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
- d an attractive girl
- e musicians
5 Multiple choice questions
- An exclamation of approval especially when referring to someone of the opposite sex
- drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time
- A fast jitterbug
- after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
5 True/False questions
Messin' around → carried away by music
Foxtrot → short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
Jitterbug → Dance up a storm
Be-Bop → good,cool,hip,etc.
Eight To The Bar → An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.