5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In The Grove
- a the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
- b An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
- c carried away by music
- d An exclamation of approval especially when referring to someone of the opposite sex
- e short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
- a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
- A fast jitterbug
- drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time
- Dance up a storm
5 True/False questions
A Dish → the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
Powder dry → as in "keep your powder dry" technically it means gun powder but came to mean "keep ready for action
Foxtrot → a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
G.I. → short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
Flip Side → this term for the other side of a record was first coined in the 1940's