← 1940's Play terms Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cut A Rug
- a An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
- b where dance partners separated and improvised steps
- c the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
- d Dance up a storm
- e A fast jitterbug
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A term made by popular by Hollywood of the 1940's
- Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
- after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
- short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
5 True/False Questions
A Dish → the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
Flip Side → this term for the other side of a record was first coined in the 1940's
cats → the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
Hubba-Hubba → An exclamation of approval especially when referring to someone of the opposite sex
Bombardier → an attractive girl