5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mineral makeup
- Carbonic acid
- a Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- b Mechanical weathering works ___.
- c CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
- d Mechanical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time
- e ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Weathering that breaks down rock
through chemical changes
- Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rock's at Earth's surface
- Mechanical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
- Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
- The process that breaks down rock and other substances
at the Earth's surface
5 True/False Questions
Mechanical → Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into
Mountains → Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
Holes or soft spots → Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
Water → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Lichens → Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.