5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Type of Rock AND Climate
- a Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- b The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- c ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- d Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- e Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
- The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
- Physical weathering works ___.
- CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
- Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
5 True/False questions
Acid rain → The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
Surface area → Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
Smaller → The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
Chemical → Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
Together → Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time