5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holes or soft spots
- Acid rain
- Surface area
- a The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- b Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
- c Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
- d Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- e Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
- Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.
- Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
5 True/False questions
Type of Rock AND Climate → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
Carbonic acid → CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
Weathering & Erosion → Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
Abrasion → The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
Slowly → Physical weathering works ___.