5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surface area
- a Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- b Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- c The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
- d ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- e Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
5 Multiple choice questions
- The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
- Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
- The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
- Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering
- The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
5 True/False questions
Marble and limestone → ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
Carbonic acid → Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
Together → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Acid rain → The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
Physical → Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.