← Weathering Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ice wedging
- Holes or soft spots
- a The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- b Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- c This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
- d Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- e The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rock's at Earth's surface
- Mechanical weathering works ___.
- ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
- Given enough time, mechanical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- Mechanical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
5 True/False Questions
Mechanical → Weathering that breaks down rock
through chemical changes
Roots → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Water → The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
Abrasion → The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
Permeable → The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces