5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mineral makeup
- Weathering & Erosion
- a Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
- b Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- c ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- d Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
- e The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
- The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
- Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
5 True/False questions
Surface area → Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
Type of Rock AND Climate → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
Hot and wet → ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
Physical → Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
Carbonic acid → CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.