5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ice wedging
- Mineral makeup
- Acid rain
- a Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
- b Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.
- c Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- d The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
- e Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering
- Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
- Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
5 True/False questions
Carbonic acid → Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
Roots → Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
Erosion → The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
Slowly → Physical weathering works ___.
Together → Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time