5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
- b Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time
- c The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- d The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
- e Physical weathering works ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
- Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
- ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
- Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
5 True/False questions
Oxygen → This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
Mineral makeup → Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
Type of Rock AND Climate → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
Acid rain → Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
Physical → Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.