← 2404 Ch. 4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Consists of cells with the ability to contract, includes 3 types- skeletal muscle, cardiac muscle and smooth muscle
- Single Cell or multi-cellular structure that secretes substances into the blood, into a cavity, or onto a surface
- The bottom layer of epithelial tissue that attaches to the basement membrane
- Epithelial surface exposed to the exterior of the body, lines an internal organ, or is exposed to the inside of a body cavity
- Tiny hair-like projections of the cytoplasmic membrane located only in the small intestine to facilitate absorption by increasing surface area.
4 True/False Questions
Blast Cells → Connective tissue cells that break the matrix down for remodeling.
Basement Membrane → The bottom layer of epithelial tissue that attaches to the basement membrane
Tissue → group of similar cells that perform a particular function
Epithelium → membranous tissue covering internal organs and other external surfaces of the body