5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- heat or thermal energy
- catabolic pathway
- anabolic pathway
- a Kinetic energy as associated with the random movement of atoms or molecules.
- b If the cofactor is an organic molecule, it is more specifically called this.
- c The recipient of a phosphate group from ATP.
- d This consumes energy to build complicated molecules from simpler ones; they are sometimes called biosynthetic pathways.
- e This is a break down pathway.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Every energy transfer or transformation increases the entropy of the universe.
- A net release of free energy.
- The region of an enzyme at which the substrate attaches itself.
- A source of energy. Contains the sugar ribose, with the nitrogenous base adenine and a chain of three phosphate groups bonded to it.
- The study of the energy transformations that occur in a collection of matter.
5 True/False Questions
enzyme-substrate complex → The reactant an enzyme act on on.
endergonic reaction → A net release of free energy.
potential energy → Energy that matter possesses because of its location or structure.
competitive inhibitor → This mimic reduces the productivity of enzymes by blocking substrates from entering active sites.
free energy → The portion of a system's energy that can perform work when temperature and pressure are uniform throughout the system, as in a living cell.