5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cell division
- isotonic solution
- a Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
- b biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- c A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
- d Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
- e A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. All living things are made of cells
- (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
5 True/False Questions
osmosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
metaphase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
triplet → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
gap junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
enzyme → A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction