5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- passive transport
- gap junction
- a (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- b Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- c Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
- d Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
- e Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
5 Multiple choice questions
- A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
- A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
5 True/False questions
hypotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
codon → A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
anaphase → 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
membrane junction → Cells are tightly bound, prevent fluids and most molecules from moving between cells. Useful in places such as the stomach and kidneys. types are desmosomes, tight junctions, and gap junctions
cytokinesis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.