5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- active transport
- Cell Theory
- isotonic solution
- a 1. All living things are made of cells
- b Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- c A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
- d A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- e biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
- the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
- single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
- a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
5 True/False questions
filtration → A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
cell division → 1. All living things are made of cells
cytokinesis → Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
Cell → biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
hypotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis