5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hypertonic solution
- a Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
- b A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- c A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- d A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- e Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
- Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
- Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
5 True/False Questions
protein synthesis → Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
gene → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
active transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
endocytosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
Cell Theory → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms