5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- protein synthesis
- concentration gradient
- a After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
- b A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
- c Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- d Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
- e a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
- A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
5 True/False questions
isotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
membrane junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
transcription → (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
desmosome → A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
chromosome → Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments