5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- active transport
- deoxyribonucleic acid
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- isotonic solution
- gap junction
- a Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- b single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- c A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
- d nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
- e Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
- (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
5 True/False Questions
interphase → A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
hypotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
Cell Theory → 1. All living things are made of cells
endocytosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
desmosome → A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.