5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deoxyribonucleic acid
- concentration gradient
- membrane junction
- a a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
- b nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
- c Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- d Cells are tightly bound, prevent fluids and most molecules from moving between cells. Useful in places such as the stomach and kidneys. types are desmosomes, tight junctions, and gap junctions
- e A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
- Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
- Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
5 True/False questions
Organelle → A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
telophase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
codon → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
Cell Theory → 1. All living things are made of cells
ribonucleic acid(RNA) → single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis