5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hypotonic solution
- a A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
- b Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- c A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- d (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- e A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
- Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
5 True/False Questions
tight junction → A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
deoxyribonucleic acid → single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
passive transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
telophase → After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
ribonucleic acid(RNA) → single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis