5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- concentration gradient
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- a A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- b a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
- c single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- d Active transport process where a cell engulfs materials with a portion of the cell's plasma membrane and releases the contents inside of the cell to form a vacuole.
- e Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- 1. All living things are made of cells
- Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
- Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
5 True/False Questions
mitosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
isotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
codon → A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
deoxyribonucleic acid → nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
Organelle → biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.