5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- tight junction
- a A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- b (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- c biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- d Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- e a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
- 1. All living things are made of cells
- single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
5 True/False questions
Organelle → A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
transcription → the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
anaphase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
anticodon → A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
membrane junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.