5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell Theory
- isotonic solution
- a A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- b 1. All living things are made of cells
- c A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
- d Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
- e A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
- single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
5 True/False questions
translation → the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
active transport → Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
cell division → Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
telophase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
gap junction → A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets