5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- protein synthesis
- deoxyribonucleic acid
- a Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- b nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
- c A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- d Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
- e (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
5 True/False questions
cytokinesis → Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
Cell Theory → 1. All living things are made of cells
passive transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
diffusion → Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
hypotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.