5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- a single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- b A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- c Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- d (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- e Active transport process where a cell engulfs materials with a portion of the cell's plasma membrane and releases the contents inside of the cell to form a vacuole.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
- a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
5 True/False questions
hypertonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
membrane junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
passive transport → Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
desmosome → A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
Cell Theory → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms