5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- normative age graded influences
- multidirectionality of development
- paul bates
- optimal aging
- a psychologist focuses on normative age graded influences, history graded and nonnormative influences.
- b aka successful aging. concept that individuals have avoided changes that would occur with age through prevantative measures
- c certain experiences that culture and history attach to certain ages
- d not all systems develop at the same rate within the person
- e cultural background. values attitudes in which indv, was raised
5 Multiple choice questions
- changes within the body associated with time that alter structure and function.
- born between 1945-1964.
- changes that occur because of disease not in all individuals
- differences within the individual
- quality of functioning on intelligence, memory and learning ability
5 True/False questions
oldest old → 65-74
interindividual differences → people become more different from each other with age
social processes → reflect environment or context. indv position within social sturcture.
5 ways to shorten life → born between 1945-1964.
nonnormative changes → age based on occupying certain social roles.