5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- social processes
- paul bates
- social aging
- young old
- nonnormative changes
- a reflect environment or context. indv position within social sturcture.
- b unpredictable events in life of individual (loss job, lose child)
- c 65-74
- d psychologist focuses on normative age graded influences, history graded and nonnormative influences.
- e changes in societies, ppl change as a result of historical change
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- involve cognitive, personality and emotions
- cultural background. values attitudes in which indv, was raised
- changes within the body associated with time that alter structure and function.
- not all systems develop at the same rate within the person
- people become more different from each other with age
5 True/False Questions
4 principles of adulthood → aka successful aging. concept that individuals have avoided changes that would occur with age through prevantative measures
normal aging or primary aging → changes that occur because of disease not in all individuals
normative age graded influences → differences within the individual
identity → self representations in biological, psychological and social domains.
personal aging → changes within individual