6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- "the large-state plane". its essence was that representation in both houses of Congress should be based on population-an arrangement that would naturally give the larger states the adavantage
- the compromise between total representation (headcount wise) for the slave populations within the south or none at all. It was decided that each slave would be counted as three fifths of a person.
- demanded that the congress call to meet in philadephia for the sole purpose of revising the Articles of Confedration. He was also present at the meeting and held a 5 hour long lecture of the necessity of a super powerful central government.
- the often ridiculed group of continental army officers who formed a an exclusive hereditary order. The group was founded due to the spead of the idea of social equality and break down of aristocratic society within america.
- "small-state plan". This provided for equal representation within a unicameral congress by states, regardless of size an dpopulation, as under the existing Articles of Confederation.
- citizens who opposed the stronger federal government, Believed strong central governemnt would lead to tyranny and were largely for states rights.
6 True/False questions
Republican of Motherhood. → The concept in which mothers teach thier children the ideas behind civic virtue, its importantce and how to apply it in a everyday life. As education opportunities widened for women the expectations of raising thier children became higher.
Shays Rebellion. → The father of the constitution. The was a profound student of governement, who at age thirty-six so effected the formation of the constitution eventually became the father of the constitution.
federalist papers → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.
Civic Virtue → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.
Articles of Coonfederation → The colonies make shift constitution which tied each separate state in a strong bond of "friendship". Essentially a treaty between 13 different countries with similiar government infrastructure. Articles of Confederation lacked the ability for congress or the president to have any true federal power due to fear of tyranny. Also, the documents set up the 3 branch governement.
Electoral College → the method in which the president is indirectly elected. The states wiht the larger populatiosn have the advantage within the first popular vote, if candiate is chosen then the small states would gain a larger voice where the election is thrown to the house of representatives who in this case only can have one vote per state.