6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- citizens who opposed the stronger federal government, Believed strong central governemnt would lead to tyranny and were largely for states rights.
- Free thinking Thomas Jefferson and his co-reformers, including the babptists won a complete victory in the passage of The Virginia Statue for Religious Freedom. Helped maintain religious tolerance and a seperation between church and state.
- the hybrid solution in which the larger states were conceded representation by population in the house of Representatives, and the smaller states were appeased by equal representation within the senate.
- it provided the acreage of the Old Northwest to be sold and that the proceeds be used to payoff national debt. Broke the land down into 36 plots each a square mile, and every 16th plot was set aside to support public school within the Northwest.
- the method in which the president is indirectly elected. The states wiht the larger populatiosn have the advantage within the first popular vote, if candiate is chosen then the small states would gain a larger voice where the election is thrown to the house of representatives who in this case only can have one vote per state.
- alexander hamilton, john jay and james madison masterly penned a series of articles for the New York. The articles were written in an attempt to turn the hearts of the anti-federalist new yorkers who would not support the constitution. New York was eventually swayed by the eloquence and persuasiveness of the authors.
6 True/False questions
Civic Virtue → the notion hat democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of eachcitizen to the public good. This idea was central to the republiccan ideology.
Northwest Ordinance of 1787 → Set transitional movements from colony to statehood. The ordinance demanded that the colony must hold 60,000 inhabitants before becoming a state. No new colonies were permitted to have slaves either. The congress maintained federal rule over the colony until it became a state.
Federalists → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.
Society of Cinncinati → The colonies make shift constitution which tied each separate state in a strong bond of "friendship". Essentially a treaty between 13 different countries with similiar government infrastructure. Articles of Confederation lacked the ability for congress or the president to have any true federal power due to fear of tyranny. Also, the documents set up the 3 branch governement.
James Madison → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.
Virginia Plan → "the large-state plane". its essence was that representation in both houses of Congress should be based on population-an arrangement that would naturally give the larger states the adavantage