5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Specialized cells
- Cell membrane
- a An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
- b Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
- c A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
- d The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
- e A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
- A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
- Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
- The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
5 True/False Questions
Eukaryotic cell → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
Prokaryotic cells → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
Animal cell → A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
Vacuoles → The organelle in eukaryotic cells that contains most of the DNA and directs most of the cell's activities.