5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plant cell
- A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
- a A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
- b An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
- c A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
- d A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
- e A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
- Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
- Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- Fluid filled organelles that store enzymes or metabolic wastes in a plant cell.
- Short hair-like organelles that extend out from a cell and functions in locomotion or in the movement of substances across the cell surface.
5 True/False questions
Cell membrane → The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
Ribosomes → Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
Endoplasmic reticulum → A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
Flagella → A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
Cytoplasm → A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.