5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical reaction
- Specialized cells
- a Fluid filled organelles that store enzymes or metabolic wastes in a plant cell.
- b The organelle in eukaryotic cells that contains most of the DNA and directs most of the cell's activities.
- c The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- d Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
- e The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
- A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
- A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
- Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
5 True/False questions
A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another → A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
Mitochondria → The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
Cilia → Short hair-like organelles that extend out from a cell and functions in locomotion or in the movement of substances across the cell surface.
Plant cell → A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
Cell membrane → The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.