5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animal cell
- Plant cell
- Selectively permeable
- a A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
- b Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
- c A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
- d A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
- e The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
- Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
- A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
- A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
5 True/False questions
Endoplasmic reticulum → A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
Nucleus → The organelle in eukaryotic cells that contains most of the DNA and directs most of the cell's activities.
Flagella → A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
Cilia → A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
Prokaryotic cells → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).