← biology unit 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Prokaryotic cells
- Biochemical reactions
- Selectively permeable
- A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
- a A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
- b A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
- c Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
- d Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- e A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
- The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- Fluid filled organelles that store enzymes or metabolic wastes in a plant cell.
- A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
- A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
5 True/False Questions
Specialized cells → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
Plant cell → A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
Lysosomes → An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
Ribosomes → Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
Flagella → Short hair-like organelles that extend out from a cell and functions in locomotion or in the movement of substances across the cell surface.