5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1st amendment (establishment)
- 14th (Due process of law) 6 factors
- Fourth amendment
- Habeas Corpus
- Exclusionary Rule
- a Can't favor one religion over another. No nativity scene on gov property. No group prayer in public school.
- b gov must be fair. Can't act arbitrarily, capriciously, or unreasonably
3. Applies to gov action
4. 5th Amendment
5. 14th Amendment
- c Unreasonable search and seizure
- d If evidence was illegally obtained, you can exclude this evidence bc it violated the 4th amendment
- e If you believe you have been wrongly imprisoned, you can go in front of court and ask the judge to determine if you should be released
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The way you are charged
- You are entitled to a trial by jury if there is possible jail time
- Horizontal- Judicial, leg, exec (within same gov)
Verticle- State and federal gov.
- Can't use the 5th amendment if charges aren't against you.
5 True/False Questions
14th (Procedural) 3 things... (DP) → Government must use fair procedures... 1. must give ppl notice
2. must give opportunity to be heard
3. Must be decided by an IMPARTIAL TRIBUNAL (unbiased 3rd party w/ no vested interest)
Criminal Intent (Mens Rea) → Intent to engage in criminal behavior
Fraud (Specific Crimes) → You have to intend to make false statement, receiving or depriving someone else from an economic benefit, the State always has the obligation to prove this. (Ex: telling someone u make 180k when u really make 40k)
5 basic constitutional freedoms → Very little protection offered to businesses. Only sole proprietorships are protected.
***Commerce Clause (Limitation) (State Police Power) → State Police Power: State has the responsibility of providing for the safety and well-being of citizens so they are able to regulate business activity as well