5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Iron Age
- Homo sapiens sapiens
- a inhabitants of present-day Mexico and Central America
- b the way of life
- c wise, wise humans
- d a humanlike creature that walked upright
- e A period of time following the Bronze age in which tools and weapons were made out of iron, about 1000 B.C.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the period of time before writing was invented
- Used to designate the early period of human history (approximately 2,500,000 B.C. to 10,000 B.C.) in which humans used simple stone tools. Means "old stone"
- the study of human life and culture
- The revolution that occurred in the Neolithic Age, the period of human history from 8000 to 4000 B.C.
- a complex culture in which large numbers of human beings share a number of common elements
5 True/False Questions
"out-of-Africa" theory → The theory that Homo sapiens sapiens appeared in Arica between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago and that they probably spread out of Africa to other parts of the world about 100,000 years ago, replacing populations of earlier honinids in Europe and Asia.
Çatalhüyük → one of the first Neolithic villages (located in modern day Turkey) that existed between 6700 B.C. and 5700 B.C. and had about 6,000 inhabitants
Artisans → skilled workers that made goods for trade with neighboring people
Archaeology → the study of human life and culture
Artifacts → skilled workers that made goods for trade with neighboring people