5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- linked list
- a the next element in a linked list.
- b a sequence of records, where each record contains a link to the next one.
- c all nodes below a given node in a tree.
- d a tree node containing a contents value but with no children.
- e a classification of objects into a tree structure that groups related objects.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a list of pairs, where each pair has a key and a value associated with the key.
- Java Virtual Machine, an interpreter for compiled Java bytecodes.
- an order of processing a tree in which the parent node is processed in between its children.
- a number that is defined as an object, so that it has a runtime type and methods that can be used, e.g. Integer in Java.
- an element of a linked list, tree, or graph, often represented by a data structure.
5 True/False questions
array → A contiguous block of memory containing elements of the same type, accessed by numeric index.
object → in a tree, a node that points to a given node.
branching factor → an abstracted function that describes the amount of computer time or memory space required by an algorithm, as a function of problem size. For problems larger than a certain size, the actual time or space required will be less than the Big O multiplied by some constant.
intractable → a problem that is so hard (typically exponential) that it cannot be solved unless the problem is small.
operator → a process that removes unwanted elements from a collection.