5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- virtual machine
- a a program that reads instructions, determines what they say, and executes them. The CPU is an interpreter for machine language; the JVM is an interpreter for compiled Java bytecodes.
- b to hide similar items with the same name.
- c 1. data that is incorrect, meaningless, or random; 2. storage that is no longer pointed to by any variable and therefore can no longer be accessed.
- d a variable containing the address of other data.
- e an abstract computer that is simulated by an interpreter program running on an actual computer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes a function that modifies its arguments.
- a classification of objects into a tree structure that groups related objects.
- given two sets, the intersection is the set of elements that are members of both sets.
- a process that removes unwanted elements from a collection.
- the top node of a tree, from which all other nodes can be reached.
5 True/False questions
DFS → first-in, first-out: describes the ordering of a queue. A queue is fair.
stack space → a section of the runtime stack holding the values of all variables for one invocation of a procedure.
XML → eXtensible Markup Language, a way of writing data in a tree-structured form by enclosing items in pairs of opening and closing tags, e.g. <zipcode> 78712 </zipcode>
array → an item (or description of items) being sought in a search.
Unicode → an element of a linked list, tree, or graph, often represented by a data structure.