5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 histamines?
- what are the crazy 8
- how many stages of renal disease are there?
- a cardiac arrest
- b cheese, wine, fish
- c milk egg peanut tree nut fish shellfish soy wheat
- d surgical opening made in the trachea to assist breathing. results in inability to speak or swallow normally. increases risk of aspiration. altered consistency or enteral nutrition may be necessary --->speech pathology can do a barium swallow eval
- e 5
5 Multiple choice questions
- phos control, dialysis, diet (800-1000mg phos/day), phos binders, vit D, calcimimetics--sensipar (tricks PTH to think calcium levels are adequate), parathyroidectomy
- phos, folic acid, Vit C, B vitamins (6, 12, and niacin)
- Sx, time of exposure to sx, suspected foods, when exposed?
- 3-4 g/kg/day
5 True/False questions
wet weight? dry wt? → wet wt-before dialysis and dry wt-after dialysis
erythropoeitan? → lose great amt of salt w/ sweat, hyponatremia-->shock, beware in hot weather or fever
how is acute renal failure characterized? → sudden reduction of GFR
Smokers and vit C? → require 35 mg/day beyond RDA because Vit C is an antioxidant that's used up more quickly during the oxidation of smoking
drug to help control PTH levels → sensipar