5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- atopic dermatitis
- 3x a week?
- ESRD with DM (5)
- food intolerance
- intrinsic arf?
- a gastroparesis (difficult to manage BG), retinopathy (vision--reading labels or food lists), neuropathy, amputations, monitor CHO when hyperglycemic
- b adverse reaction to a food caused by toxic, pharmacologic, metabolic or idiosyncratic reaction to the food or chemical substances in the food
- c eczema--skin rash characterized by small red and white bumps that itch; often a symptom of allergy
- d something inside of the kidneys is hurting them.
- e HD
5 Multiple choice questions
- constipation--bulking agents
- 18-20% in the past 20 years
- peanuts tree nuts milk fish
- poor digestions, poor absorption of fats/fat sol vitamins/loss of bile and bile salts, anorexia, increased energy requirements, malnutrition, inc infection rates and inflammation, osteopenia/osteoporosis, hyponatremia
- accumulation in the blood of abnormal amounts of urea, uric acid, creatinine and other nitrogenous waste
5 True/False questions
meds table 21.4 → HD
med to prevent Ca stones → HCTZ (diuretic)
urolithiasis → chronic, inflammatory disorder of the airways, condition of hypersensitive airways from allergic, nonallergic causes, generated by immunologic responses
atopic march → accumulation in the blood of abnormal amounts of urea, uric acid, creatinine and other nitrogenous waste
drug to help control PTH levels → pain in back/side, blood in urine, vomit, fever, urinating freq/urgency, painful urination