← MNT II exam I Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nutritional requirements of the posttransplant pt
- med to prevent uric acid stones
- two populations at high risk for BPD?
- where does pneumonia settle?
- a substance foreign to the body that on interaction with the immune system, causes an allergic reaction
- b alveoli--rapid growth
- c allopurinol
- d premature of low birth wt infants
- e obesity--wt gain common (corticosteroids) and can complicate hyperlipidemia and glucose intolerance. emphasize diet, behavior modification and exercise
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- urine pH, volume and excretion
- tumor, blood clots, kidney stones, blockage to ureter or neck of the bladder.
- (EPO) hormone for RBC production
- pain meds, oral or IV fluid, 2-3 q H2O PO, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, surgery, prevent recurrence
- localized and systemic
5 True/False Questions
more liberal diet → PD
COPD stands for → chronic obstructory pulmonary disease
5 examples of how malnutrition affects pulmonary fx → protein & Fe deficiencies cause dec in HgB; Ca, Mg, P, K deficiencies compromise respiratory muscle fx, hypoproteinemia causes pulmonary edema and decrease of surfacant leads to collapse of alveoli, vitamin C has a collagen which composes supporting connective lung tissue; weight loss decreases prognosis among those w/ pulmonary disease
what are the crazy 8 → milk egg peanut tree nut fish shellfish soy wheat
Dx: 4 things to consider w/ clinical history → Sx, time of exposure to sx, suspected foods, when exposed?