← MNT II exam I Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tx of CKD?
- 4 things that lead to low po intake w/ copd
- 5 MNT assessments for BPD
- don't feeed high allergenic foods until what age? What 6 foods are these?
- a dyspnea, fatigue, early satiety, depression
- b 2-3 yrs (eggs peanuts milk tree nuts fish)
- c linear growth, chronic hypoxia, GERD, dietary ntake, emotional deprivation
- d mycobacteria spread from inhalation of organisms dispersed in droplets of sputum of infected people
- e treat underlying disease and delay progression, stage I and II--EPO replacement, Vit D supplementation, Stage 5 (ESRD)--renal replacement therapy, nutrition therapy crucial, transplant; post-transplant--immunosuppressants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- usually a foreign substance (protein, bacteria, polysaccharides) that stimulates antibody production
- obesity--wt gain common (corticosteroids) and can complicate hyperlipidemia and glucose intolerance. emphasize diet, behavior modification and exercise
- high levels of PTH, metabolic acidosis, hyperphosphatemia
- calcitriol, calcijex, zemplar, hectorol, rocaltrol
- egg peanut milk fish wheat soy
5 True/False Questions
6 things in respiratory that malnutrition adversely affects → absorbing again (glucose, AA, salt and water)
tube feedings for copd pt are high in ___ because ___ → altered vit D metabolism, hypocalcemia, phos retention, skeletal resistance to PTH, reduced degradation of PTH, metabolic acidosis
3 histamines? → cheese, wine, fish
breastfeeding for ____ months helps w/ allergies → >3 months
give cows milk at what age → rhubarb spinach strawberries chocolate wheat bran nuts beets tea coffee cola