5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- crude death rate
- Population explosion
- Infant mortality
- Eugenic population policy
- a the study of patterns and rates of population change, including birth and death rates, migration trends, and evolving population distribution patterns.
- b the amount of deaths
- c describes the number of babies that die within the first year of their lives
- d government policy designed to favor one racial sector over others
- e the rapid growth of the worlds human population during the past centry.
5 Multiple choice questions
- migration across an international border
- population growth measured as the excess of live births over deaths per 1000 individuals per year
- the various degenerative effects of distance on human spatial structures and interactions
- government policy designed to reduce the rate of natural increase.
- refugees who have abandoned their town or village but not their village
5 True/False questions
Emigration → a change in residence intended to be permanent
Physiologic population density → the population of a country or region expressed as an average per unit.
Step migration → migration to a distant destination that occurs in stages
Intervening opportunity → describes the number of babies that die within the first year of their lives
Push factors → positive conditions and perceptions that effectively attract people to new locales from other areas